11-20-2020

US

4 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 6

Terrible audio through any video recording app

2020-11-20, 23:02 PM

No matter what application I use when recording a video, the audio comes out sounding like it's underwater. I've completely reset the phone and the apps and updated them. This did not happen until I updated this phone to Android 9. I'm seeing other people having the same issue. My audio sounds exactly the same as theirs does.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-Z3/Moto-Z3-play-audio-recording-issues/m-p/4522213

Using an app to record just audio sounds crystal clear. This is the app I use.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hiqrecorder.full

I see the other thread had the poster try the Moto Help app; the audio sounds the same as in videos, like it's underwater.

Options

2460 Posts

03-11-2019

US

631 Signins

46375 Page Views

• Views: 46375
  • Message 2 of 6

Re:Terrible audio through any video recording app

2020-11-23, 21:02 PM

Hi kb3uoe,

I will be glad to help you with this. Does this also happen during calls? If you have already tried performing a hardware test on the microphone then we suggest to have the device sent to a service center for repair. Kindly go to this link to get started: https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/mcp/service/open/request?linkId=54149943 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

3 Posts

11-20-2020

US

4 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

2020-11-23, 21:06 PM

No, it doesn't happen during phone calls. 

There's nothing wrong with the hardware on this device. This was caused by a software update. I can send my phone in, at my own cost, for an issue you guys caused, and when I get the replacement, it's going to do the same thing. I want to know how to fix this without you guys running me through the financial wringer.

Options

2460 Posts

03-11-2019

US

631 Signins

46375 Page Views

• Message 4 of 6

2020-11-25, 16:17 PM

Hi kb3uoe,

If this happened after the software, we suggest to flash your device using the Repair and smart assistant app for the PC. This will delete everything on your device so we suggest to backup which is also a feature on the app. Please let me know how it goes. 

Download and Instruction Link for the Repair and Smart Assistant app: https://www.motorola.com/us/rescue-and-smart-assistant/p

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

3 Posts

11-20-2020

US

4 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 5 of 6

2020-11-25, 16:29 PM
How is that different than a factory reset from the phone itself?
Options

2460 Posts

03-11-2019

US

631 Signins

46375 Page Views

• Message 6 of 6

2020-11-26, 14:15 PM

Hi kb3uoe,

This will reinstall the latest android software update available on your phone. Any bugs that could be caused when installing the update could be fixed. 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete