Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tommy_FIN
Paper Tape
Views: 199
Message 1 of 8

Touchscreen and mod issues with new z3 play

I'm having problems with touchscreen. Sometimes it doesn't recognize finger at all and sometimes it "releases" touch. Especially when I play games such as angry birds. I've tried the touchscreen hardware test and sometimes I can complete it but mostly not.

Also, I have problems with incipio car dock. Phone recognizes it and charges the phone but I can't get any sound out from aux. Mod works fine with my old Moto z1. I've also updated the software.

Tommy_FIN
Paper Tape
Views: 193
Message 2 of 8

Re: Touchscreen and mod issues with new z3 play

Oh yeah! I also did a factory reset. Should I rma this?

Lenovo Employee rbkirk
Lenovo Employee
Views: 158
Message 3 of 8

Run it in safe mode first, before doing a factory reset.

I run the Incipio car dock without issue on my Z3. Audio works just fine through a 3.5mm cable. Make sure your auxilary output on the car radio is set correctly.

Highlighted
Tommy_FIN
Paper Tape
Views: 150
Message 4 of 8

I booted to safe mode and ran touchscreen hardware test for about 30 times. It worked fine everytime. Then I tried games like boom beach and angry birds. They worked fine also. Now I've been playing games for an hour or so and no issues with touchscreen. After a while I noticed that my default keyboard was set to gboard instead of swiftkey. As a precaution I uninstalled swiftkey and it looks like my touchscreen problems are gone for now.

The sound problem is still here. Gotta try the safe mode thing with the car mod later.

Tommy_FIN
Paper Tape
Views: 95
Message 5 of 8

Touchscreen issue is back! I'm gonna rma this thing

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 67
Message 6 of 8

Hi Tommy_FIN,

Are you using any screen protector and/or a case with your phone? If so, kindly remove them and also, try uninstalling the recent apps you've updated and downloaded in Playstore. Let us know. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Tommy_FIN
Paper Tape
Views: 51
Message 7 of 8

I dont use case or screenprotector. Touchscreen and sound issues were also present after factory reset. I didn't restore anything from backups. It was set up as new device

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 22
Message 8 of 8

Hi Tommy_FIN,

Could you please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well.

Need help updating your profile? See here

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Top Kudoed Authors