Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kelvinhoho
Serial Port
Views: 1,481
Message 1 of 13

URGENT! Hasselblad True Zoom mod bug found with Z3 play

I just tried to use the hasselblad true zoom mod with z3 play.  I found a bug and it really ruins my photo sharing experience, which is the most valuable thing using this mod, and I am requesting for a urgent fix.

The photos I have taken with the mod today ranked very very low in all photo sharing interface like whatsapp, Facebook etc.  For example, if I want to share with my friend a photo I just took with the mod via WhatsApp, in the "All Media" catergory, I scrolled all the way down to the end until I found my photo under the year "1989"!!!   It is weird that when  I used QuickPic app to verify the file date and taken date, they are both correct to show 11 August. However, when I sort all photos in the " Camera" folder by taken date(also shown by List instead of Grid), the photo I just taken will fall to the end and I can see the date below the file name is June 1989.  

Luckily, there is a "fix date" function in QuickPic to fix the problem above but need to do it everytime I use the mod, which is very annoying and inconvenient.

In view of the above, I hope the product team can fix the issue as soon as possible

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 1,472
Message 2 of 13

Re: URGENT! Hasselblad True Zoom mod bug found with Z3 play

I'd like to get some more info regarding what you're experiencing. Do you happen to have an SD Card installed? If so, are you having the photos saved directly to the card? Can you try setting it to internal/phone storage to see if you have the same behavior?

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

kelvinhoho
Serial Port
Views: 1,439
Message 3 of 13

Same behavior if internal storage is chosen in the camera app.

Why don't you just try to install WhatsApp or Facebook in your testing z3 play machine and also take ten photos using the on board camera, then take a few photos with the hasselblad mod.  Then open a dialogue in WhatsApp and choose some photos, see if the hasselbald photos rank behind the onboard camera photos?

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 1,410
Message 4 of 13

@kelvinhoho wrote:

Same behavior if internal storage is chosen in the camera app.

Why don't you just try to install WhatsApp or Facebook in your testing z3 play machine and also take ten photos using the on board camera, then take a few photos with the hasselblad mod.  Then open a dialogue in WhatsApp and choose some photos, see if the hasselbald photos rank behind the onboard camera photos?

Thanks for the trying with both SD and Internal storage. I don't think Facebook is a good example. On every phone, I've used Facebook tends to make up their own gallery when trying to upload within the app. For example, I download a photo/meme from the web. I then go to Facebook to try and reply to someone's post with it and the gallery on Facebook doesn't even show it. I'll play around with the Hasselblad mod and some other apps that seem more reliable when it comes to uploading photos (WhatsApp, Instagram, etc). 

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Danielli1
Paper Tape
Views: 1,096
Message 5 of 13

I also have this issue. my Hasselblad and 360 can't works on my Z3 play! Come on motorola

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,061
Message 6 of 13

Hi Danielli1,

Thanks for posting here. I've seen you posted on the Z2 Play Community (link). Do you have both the Z3 Play and the Z2 Play? 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

NielsJ
What's DOS?
Views: 961
Message 7 of 13

Did you manage solve this issue?

i'm also experiancing the same bug.

i recently upgraded from play z2 to play z3, and pictures made via my hasselblad mod, are shown with weird timestamps in the gallery.

i looked at the file dates on the sd card, these seem to be of the correct date, 

Screenshot 2018-12-14 at 19.51.33.pngthis picture is show in the library as 2046, i highlighted that the exif data does contain also the correct data

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 888
Message 8 of 13

Hi NielsJ,

Thanks for posting on this thread. I'd like to confirm, how do you check the EXIF details? Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

NielsJ
What's DOS?
Views: 873
Message 9 of 13

Hi,

i used the gimp, but for your confirmation i uploaded an original:

http://nielsj.net/moto-z3-play/IMG_20181208_194840267.jpg

i used https://exifinfo.org/ 

as you can see there: 

GPS Date/Time2046:02:02 23:58:56Z

an other interesting fact is:

on most gallerys on the z3 the order is wrong, only the google photos shows the pictures in the correct order.

i found an gallery app which also shows the picture date:, but the problem is most annoying when sending a picture via messenger/whatsapp, we first have to scroll through all old pictures

http://nielsj.net/moto-z3-play/Screenshot_20181228-095439.png

please let me know if you need some more details.

Thanks.

Niels

NielsJ
What's DOS?
Views: 872
Message 10 of 13

also interseting, the gps coordinate in the exif is actualy the correct place
Top Kudoed Authors