Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
MOTOFANTOO
SCSI Port
Views: 2,167
Message 1 of 56

An Open Letter To Motorola about the new Z3

I have been a Motorola fan since the DynaTAC 8000X.  I currently have a Droid Z Force.  I understand the Z2 Force did not sell as well as expected.  I'm not sure that you can blame anyone other than yourselves for not making it a substantial upgrade from the original Z Force palatable for someone to upgrade.  I, personally, was waiting for the Z3 Force to come out this year (2018) and knock my socks off with specs akin to the Google Pixel 3XL but with Motorola's design and excellent shattershield.  But did that happen?  No.  Instead you introduced a MotoMod for 5G that doesn't even exist yet, and a subpar Z3 phone.  Do you really expect that to sell?  I won't be buying it.  If anything I'll be holding on to my original Droid Z Force until it dies and then use my insurance and get another one (or perhaps the Z2 Force if no originals are left).

What does this tell you? - There are people just like me that won't say a word . . . and that you need to rethinking your game plan because right now, the only phone that I would consider buying new, since you let us down by not introducing a phone "worthy" of 2018 with a Z3 Force is the Google Pixel 3XL.

How do you fix this?  Make an excellent Z4 Force for 2019.  Until then . . . I, along with many others, wait in anticipation - -  or . . . dare I say . . . leave Motorola behind.

RodT
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,136
Message 2 of 56

Re: An Open Letter To Motorola about the new Z3

I have a Z2 Force and would recommend getting something other than that. The screen scratches so easy it's ridiculous. Yes send it in for $50 they'll replace it so in another few months it's scratched up again. Skip it and buy a android someone will stand behind not charge to fix a month old screen and not to mention the time without your phone. 

MOTOFANTOO
SCSI Port
Views: 2,113
Message 3 of 56

The Z Force screen also scratches, which is why you need a good screen protector.  I know that sounds redunant, but unbreakable vs. unscratchable is the question.  I prefer unbreakable.  I have had this MOTXT1650M1PKHGSP on since I bought it and it almost looks new . . . some scuffs, but I don't use a case and I've probably dropped the phone a dozen times, but it still looks and works very good.

plinko0225
Paper Tape
Views: 2,101
Message 4 of 56

Can anyone confirm that Motorola is going to be charging for software upgrades? Every phone I have ever had has had more than two OS upgrades.

This is on the Z3 description page. z3.png

MOTOFANTOO
SCSI Port
Views: 2,092
Message 5 of 56

It says "upgrade on us - receive two future upgrades to the latest Android OS absolutely free" - that's a sales gimmick.  It doesn't mean security patches just if the phone starts at Oreo, you will get P and Q . . . if it starts with P, you will get Q & R.  It has been my experience that Motorola only generates updates for two generations of Android.  For example I started on Marshmallow and received Nougat and Oreo as well as security patches in between.  But they won't go so far as to promise us "older phone users" P.

plinko0225
Paper Tape
Views: 2,087
Message 6 of 56

Ok that makes sense. Thanks!

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 2,011
Message 7 of 56

I have been buying Motorola phones for over twelve years I have owned every single Droid line of phones plus every Moto Z to date along with all of the Moto mods and I plan on updating next week to the Moto Z3 from of Moto Z2 Force

MOTOFANTOO
SCSI Port
Views: 2,003
Message 8 of 56

Just curious for my benefit.  Since the specs are almost identical sans the shattershield and a slightly larger battery on the Z3.  What is your rationale for making the purchase of Z3 over the Z2 Force?  Is it just to have the latest Moto phone?

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 1,979
Message 9 of 56

I annually upgrade  my phones based on  going into a retail location and comparing my current phone with the new phone not based on some YouTubers review or opinion of the phone. Last week I was in a Best buy and had a chance to compare the Moto Z2 play against my Moto Z2 Force and there is a long list of changes.

Updated design

6.01 Samsung display

The display is much brighter and vibrant

Side fingerprint placement

A larger time weather widget

Updated Moto action

Updated rear camera housing

One button navigation better than Android p

A 3000 milliamp battery over current Moto Z2 Force

And at a price tag of $480 plus I heard that Verizon is going to offer some type of Moto mod  promotion with the purchase of a moto Z3

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 1,942
Message 10 of 56

Let's try not to be so critical of Motorola and work on trying to find a silver lining an offer suggestions to make Motorola better while giving them credit for an updated design in 2018 along with an affordable price of Moto Z3 I had an idea I don't know if it would be possible but what if Motorola could make a moto mod with a Snapdragon 845 or 855 and 6/8 gigs of RAM  and a 2200 milliamp battery. And still being able to keep the phone at a reasonable price.

Top Kudoed Authors