Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nightrain
Paper Tape
Views: 827
Message 11 of 17

Re: Z3 Battery drain immediately after upgraded to Pie

Unfortunately I'm getting the same issues. When I got my phone I was getting 48 hours with my usual activities. Now, after update to Pie I get maybe 16 h, and that is with power saver on. Smiley Sad

ElPotato
Punch Card
Views: 732
Message 12 of 17

I did a litany of attempted fixes.  I ended up deleting a lot of apps I rarely use, changed the sync times of non-Gmail accounts to only over Wi-Fi and/or hourly (can’t recall, but they aren’t important, so I put them off), and a few other things.  I don’t know what exactly fixed the issue.  Maybe some apps updated, maybe deleting and not reinstalling some apps, or, maybe the account syncing.  Suddenly, I was back to anywhere from 2-3 days.  I have not reinstalled the old apps to compare.  I know Google Play Services has not ran 100% of the time.  Something caused that to stay on 100% of the time… deleting apps didn’t stop it, changing sync didn’t stop it – nothing did.  It suddenly stopped.  It’s still at the top of my usage list.  For example, now it’s 5% of my battery and used for 18 minutes.

Ciero4
Fanfold Paper
Views: 434
Message 13 of 17

Re: Extreme Battery Drain, Appeared After Pie Update

I have a Motorola z force, and for some reasons was auto updated to Pie last Monday.  Ever since then, I am lucky if my battery lasts for 3hours.  I have followed the advice of many other posters, uninstalling apps, disabling some and have battery saver on constantly now and nothing is helping me.  Does anyone know what happened with Pie?  I thought I read that the z force was supposed to stay on Oreo anyway so I don't understand why I was updated anyway.  I used to really.like this phone....

ElPotato
Punch Card
Views: 359
Message 14 of 17

Re: Extreme Battery Drain, Appeared After Pie Update

Hi all,

I had the exact same problem and tried a ton of fixes.  I found Google Play Services was running 100% of uptime.  For some unknown reason, it stopped doing that.  Maybe I deleted a random app or had an update that was the cause, I don't know.  It was a few weeks to a month when it suddenly reversed course.  I know - this is no help, especially since you appear to have a Wi-Fi issue and not Google Play Services (which, by the way, still is a drain).  

I can say that after the Pie update, Bluetooth still sucks the life out of my battery (over 1% every hour it is on, even if my phone is asleep, even if nothing is connected and even if nothing is playing), so I have it off all the time.  It's really annoying.  And since the update, I can't pair with my car audio.  

Not sure if turning BT off will help, or not.  Just thought I'd share.

DdubU
What's DOS?
Views: 357
Message 15 of 17

My battery seems to be draining fast

So out of nowhere my phone's battery is draining fast. My phone never got wet. It's not damaged whatsoever. I heard an update might be the issue. How are you going to help?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 323
Message 16 of 17

Re: My battery seems to be draining fast

Hello,

If you are experiencing incorrect or inconsistent battery level, quick battery discharge, slow or erratic charging speeds, or sudden power off or rebooting, a battery calibration could correct the problem.

To perform a battery calibration:

1. Force reboot the device by holding the power button until the device reboots
    (For the moto z3  hold volume down + power to force the reboot.)
  2. Plug into the supplied charger
  3. Charge to 100% and leave on the charger for at least an additional hour after getting to 100%

We also recommend doing a full factory data reset without restoring apps. Backup your files before doing the reset. But don't restore/reinstall any files/third-party apps. Observe your phone without any apps installed and see if there's any improvement. 

To perform a factory data reset:

Settings > System > Reset > Factory Data Reset

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Highlighted
rs1978
What's DOS?
Views: 91
Message 17 of 17

I was having same issues as you were , I tried all the different things mentioned , I figured out that it was from having charger plugged into a surge protector , was plugging into surge protector for 3-4 days and was having battery issue as mentioned , after plugging directly into wall outlet the issue was resolved. Maybe same for you and whoever else.

And We're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Top Kudoed Authors