cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 473
Message 21 of 37

Re: Bluetooth connects and instantly disconnects car audio (2018 Toyota Entune 3.0)

Hi ElPotato,

Thank you for providing us the video and the Bug Report. We have already forwarded it to the team. We cannot provide an exact ETA on when will this be reviewed and worked on. I'll let you know immediately once they have provided an update. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

ElPotato
Punch Card
Views: 467
Message 22 of 37

Re: Bluetooth connects and instantly disconnects car audio (2018 Toyota Entune 3.0)

Thank you, Zeke!! I'll keep checking the thread for updates.
I thought I would ask in case it would be a week or two, then I'd set a reminder.
I really appreciate everyone looking into this odd issue.
Hope your week goes well!
dougffriedman
What's DOS?
Views: 430
Message 23 of 37

I just updated my Moto G6 to Adroid 9.  Did not have an issue pairing my Moto G6 or using phone or audio function until I updated the phone to Android 9.  I now have the same issue which is the phone function (only) connects and disconnects every second.  The audio stays connected.   I have unpaired the devices.  I have cleared cache on the Moto G6.  The Toyota 2018 software is up to date.   Do I need to bring the phone back to version 8 of Android?   I need this function of calling on the car to work.  Can you please help?

Thanks

ElPotato
Punch Card
Views: 399
Message 24 of 37

Hi dougffriedman,

I have not received a resolution to this.  I'm currently waiting on the techs to look at a second bluetooth bug report.

The Toyota dealership states they are not familiar with the product, couldn't find an issue with their deck when I took the car in about 4 months ago, but recently offered to take another look during a service check-up later this month.

If I stumble upon a solution, I will report back.

Until then, I hope the techs figure this out as it seems more widespread than just a handful of people.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 377
Message 25 of 37

Hello Everyone,

We have raised this. I will send a follow up to our Bluetooth team. I will let you know. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Highlighted
compunext-roger
What's DOS?
Views: 347
Message 26 of 37

I am experiencing exactly the same issue.

I'm very angry with Moto Z3.

It is very annoying!!!

I have a Moto G5 Plus DTV and it never disconnects from Bluetooth neither from WiFi.

Moto Z3 keeps disconnecting!

Please, Motorola, solve this issue!!!

ElPotato
Punch Card
Views: 299
Message 27 of 37

Hi Agent Rich,

It's been a month since you raised the problem, so I thought I'd check-in to see if you have heard anything.  If not, would you kindly send another inquiry?   If it helps the cause for someone to review, I began my 6th month of waiting since originally posting in the forum.

Thank you for your time.

njgabs
What's DOS?
Views: 270
Message 28 of 37

I have had the same problem of the phone disconecting and reconecting with the car phone. After taking the car back to the dealer, twice and reading this thread, I called Verizon (my carrier) and after 3 hours, we fixed it. It required clearing the user data and cache in the bluetooth app on the phone. the following are the steps:

1. Settings
  2. Apps & Notifications
  3. See all … apps
  4. Three dots in upper right corner
  5. Show system
  6. Bluetooth
  7. Advanced
  8. Storage
  9. Clear storage
ElPotato
Punch Card
Views: 254
Message 29 of 37

Hi What's DOS,

I appreciate your input and experiance - thank you!  I tried clearing the BT cache a few times over the past 6 months, I've changed the AVRCP versions (clearing in between and restarting after each change of version), and reset network options three times (just to be safe).

Glad to hear you found a fix!

ElPotato
Punch Card
Views: 209
Message 30 of 37

Hi Agent Rich & Zeke - can either of you follow up with the people looking into this? If it was raised on August 5th and it's now September 23rd, I'd say someone missed it. This has been going on since early this year when my phone upgraded to PIE. I see a lot of BT issues related to PIE within the last few posts to this forum, along with all of the other 'I have this problem too' posts within the same strings.
How can my phone work flawless one day, and the next it's useless? The day I upgrade breaks the connection to the car deck, but works on ALL OTHER BT CONNECTIONS; other PIE phones will connect, and my phone will connect to other decks... what gives?