Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
pav1
Punch Card
Views: 128
Message 1 of 3

Does the Z3 Verizon support HSPA+ Band 1700(AWS)?

Considering the purchase of Moto Z3 (non play version) but I'm not a Verizon customer. Can anyone from Motorola confirm whether the Moto Z3 Verizon edition supports the 4G (HSPA+) band 1700?  Also, can anyone confirm if the Z3 is available unlocked or is it locked exclusively to Verizon?

Thanks.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 98
Message 2 of 3

Re: Does the Z3 Verizon support HSPA+ Band 1700(AWS)?

@pav1 wrote:

Considering the purchase of Moto Z3 (non play version) but I'm not a Verizon customer. Can anyone from Motorola confirm whether the Moto Z3 Verizon edition supports the 4G (HSPA+) band 1700?  Also, can anyone confirm if the Z3 is available unlocked or is it locked exclusively to Verizon?

Thanks.

This is a verizon only phone. I have heard Verizon phones are no longer sim unlocked, but inhave not verified this. Compatibility chart indicates it will not work on other carriers

https://www.motorola.com/us/carrier-compatibility

Specs are listed here 

https://www.motorola.com/us/products/moto-z-gen-3

click on view all specs to see bands.  I only see 1700 for Lte 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
pav1
Punch Card
Views: 92
Message 3 of 3

Re: Does the Z3 Verizon support HSPA+ Band 1700(AWS)?

@AlphaDog

This is a verizon only phone. I have heard Verizon phones are no longer sim unlocked, but inhave not verified this. Compatibility chart indicates it will not work on other carriers

@AlphaDog;  Thanks for the response. I found conflicting information about support for HSPA+ 1700 on other tech sites and wondered if these were accurate as Motorola sometimes adds unannounced band support via OTA updates.  It would be really helpful if any paricipants of the forum can confirm operating a Z3 successfully with another carrier.  It would also be nice to know if Verizon's exclusivity contract for the Z3 has a limited period as I would much prefer to purchase a non-verizon version of the Z3. It's frustrating that the only non-verizon flagship available from Motorola (the Z3 Play) is equipped with a mid-tier processor and spec. 

Top Kudoed Authors