Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
KevinHamer
Paper Tape
Views: 821
Message 1 of 9

Fingerprint scanner not working

So, this site sucks.  Janky navigation throughout.  The automated chat is a joke.

Tried to give up on site and call for support, but when I FINALLY got through to someone I could not understand a word she was saying. So I guess I'm back here.

My fingerprint scanner stopped working today.  I did drop the phone today and there is a small ding next to the scanner, but not on it.  Could this be the reason and how do I fix it?

Thanks!

bill-e
Punch Card
Views: 790
Message 2 of 9

Re: Fingerprint scanner not working

Just a guess, you dropped it, you see some damage near it and it now doesn't work.  To me that means an out of warranty repair and a few weeks without your phone.  Personally I'd get used to using the PIN Smiley Wink  Sorry, doesn't sound like a software issue but just for the heck of it you could try the three finger reboot.  Hold all three buttons down for 20-30 seconds or more until the phone turns off and restarts.

KevinHamer
Paper Tape
Views: 786
Message 3 of 9

Yeah, I don't expect any free warranty to be performed.  If I have to send it and pay, that's fine, I can use my company phone for a couple weeks.  

At this point, I'm just trying to figure out how much it no will cost to fix.  I'll just buy a new one if it's too spendy.

I couldn't get the phone to reboot using the 3 button method you mentioned.  Is there another way to do this?

Thanks for the response.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 785
Message 4 of 9

Hi KevinHamer,

Thanks for posting. I'd like to help. We can consider that as the main factor that could cause the fingerprint not to work. But let's still try isolating the software as a factor. Are you seeing any error message? Have you tried retraining your fingerpint? (Settings > Security > Fingerprint > Remove and readd your fingerprint). 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

KevinHamer
Paper Tape
Views: 783
Message 5 of 9

It doesn't even list fingerprint scanner as an option.  It's like it just disappeared

When i first noticed the issue, the lock screen said fingerprint hardware not available or something like that, now it doesn't acknowledge that I pressed it at all.

bill-e
Punch Card
Views: 768
Message 6 of 9

The three button reboot can be a little tricky because you have to make sure you don't allow a switch to break contact.  It will work, just try again.

KevinHamer
Paper Tape
Views: 763
Message 7 of 9

Got the 3 button reboot to work.  I don't think I was holding them long enough.

But, the problem persists...

Thanks for your help.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 734
Message 8 of 9

Hi KevinHamer,

Looks like a hardware failure. I would recommend sending the phone for repair. Here's the link where you can submit your phone for repair/replacement.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Cnthia12
What's DOS?
Views: 664
Message 9 of 9

If your problem persists then you may wish to visit a Support Centre them all to redo them and the scanner acts as if there nothing there bluestacks.

Top Kudoed Authors