Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
killerdo
SCSI Port
Views: 534
Message 1 of 6

JBL SoundBoost mod volume button issue

Because of its new odd placement.  Z3 now rests on the power button when the SoundBoost mod is attached. When you press a volume button (on top). The phone wants to go onto the power cycle each time. I can't be the only one this annoys. I've looked but I can't find a setting that fixes this. I'm sure someone noticed this in R&D. 

Highlighted
brucegatl
Punch Card
Views: 511
Message 2 of 6

Re: JBL SoundBoost mod volume button issue

I noticed that this weekend when I was using the soundboost extensively....

@killerdo

btw same problem exists with the Google daydream viewer because of the way 

the phone is placed in the unit

blynkofaneye
Fanfold Paper
Views: 493
Message 3 of 6

Literally just logged in to post about this.

Yeah, the new power button placement totally sucks when you've got the SoundBoost mod on (I use mine a lot).  If on a hard surface, putting almost any pressure on the top of the phone (like you might when pushing the volume buttons) depresses the power button, which if you don't catch will lead to the phone rebooting itself.

Only thing I've been able to do to get around this is A) use it on a soft surface or B) use my Style Shell as a little platform so the power button doesn't actually touch the floor.

Would be nice if rebooting was temporarily disabled when the MZ3 sees a SoundBoost mod attached.    Can't believe this got out of QC like this!

killerdo
SCSI Port
Views: 476
Message 4 of 6

I'm amazed this is an issue. If I hadn't invested as much over the years. I'd get another phone. Instantly. Motorola/Lenovo should be red faced, crawling under the table over this.

killerdo
SCSI Port
Views: 408
Message 5 of 6

I just got an email asking if this thread solved the problem. With no option to answer their question. Perhaps some one should actually read it.
San__
Fanfold Paper
Views: 151
Message 6 of 6

June 28, 2019

I Usually listen to the Kwve app using the soundboost while I shower. 

I was already aware of this problem, so as to be careful placing the phone gently on the countertop.

This time though, with the Z3.  I noticed the phone started making a cycling "blip" type sound.  Thinking maybe the app was just tripping, and not wanting to wet everything, including the phone which isn't waterproof.. I just left it till done.

The phone was in a forced boot loop due to the power button being depressed, even though I had observed said precautions not to do so.

Moto/leveno..I know y'all hate critical unhelpful comments, and the people who reads them probably do wish and want to help, but really not in their power to do so....this isn't directed towards them. Hopefully, i rather give a comment of praise.. but honestly, I'm not sure what the game plan is over there. It's as if moto WANTs us to stop using your products... Thier  areown products not compatible?! I just trying to make sense of this. If customers are being lost... seriously lose the gimmicks and show us you give a hoot.