US

6 Signins

56 Page Views

• Views: 56
  • Message 1 of 6

Light static noise in background while on call for MOTO Z3

2019-07-26, 11:52 AM

Hello,

I cannot be the only one having this issue because I had the phone replaced 3 times with the same problem. It seems to be a major engineering problem but Motorola is no admitting it. When I am on a call using the phone earpiece, I hear a light white noise in the background that shadows the other persons voice, which gets very annoying when the other party is speaking in a lot tone. It only happends while there is sound from the other end, when silent no noise. I thought first I had a special ear that can hear some frequency but I took the phone to the Verizon store and the rep confirmed she hears the same thing and some friends confirmed it. I spent hours on the phone with Motorola and Verizon reps and ofcourse no fix and plus how can they diagnose it if they cannot hear it in person. I truely give up on this phone and I am about to dump it. I was so happy with the Moto Z and therefore I upgraded, I would have been better off with the old phone.

Options

10379 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1109 Signins

149508 Page Views

• Views: 149508
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: Light static noise in background while on call for MOTO Z3

2019-07-26, 21:17 PM

Hi Ayman5,

Thanks for the post. I'd like to help. Just to confirm, do you only hear the static sound when the person on the other line was speaking loudly? Also, does it happen with all of your contacts? How about calls using third-party apps like Messenger and Skype? Let's try testing if it's the receiver which is faulty here - Open Moto Help app > Diagnosis > Hardware Test > Receiver. Let me know if you can still hear the noise.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

4 Posts

05-25-2019

US

6 Signins

56 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

2019-07-29, 17:37 PM
I hear the static anytime there is voice on the other side. It is very noticeable when the other party's voice is low and that is expected when you have 2 competing sounds. It happens with all contacts. I tried calling using Whatsapp, same issue. Tried the Hardware Test. It says no problem. I tried safe mode, same issue. I wiped the phone and tried it before installing any apps, same issue. I had someone else listen to it and they confirmed they can hear it and it's annoying. Trust me, I am an engineer and i diagnose way more complicated issues on cars and I am telling you this is a speaker issue and it is a design problem as it happened with 3 different phones. I also noticed there is another thread going with the exact same problem but I didn't see how it ended.
Options

10379 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1109 Signins

149508 Page Views

• Views: 149508
  • Message 4 of 6

2019-07-30, 14:07 PM

Hi Ayman5,

Can you please elaborate how loud the static sound was? Do you hear it when the phone is in speaker mode? Also, when you're using an earphone? We'll try to replicate this and I'll let you know. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

4 Posts

05-25-2019

US

6 Signins

56 Page Views

• Message 5 of 6

2019-07-30, 14:17 PM
Hi Rich,
The static sound is not loud but noticeable enough to be annoying. It sounds more like static noise shadowing the voice, it is not a continuous sound, it gets high and low as the other person is speaking depending on the voice pitch. I do not hear it with an earphone. I do not hear it with speakerphone.
Options

215 Posts

08-30-2018

US

626 Signins

12562 Page Views

• Views: 12562
  • Message 6 of 6

2019-08-09, 14:18 PM

Hello Ayman5,

I've sent you a private message.  When you get a moment can you please check it?

Becky

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete