Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Robisaurus
Paper Tape
Views: 214
Message 11 of 20

Re: Moto Display not waking up on approach

I have this same issue. Passes the proximity sensor test, behavior in safe mode is erratic. Occasionally works, but unresponsive. My wife has the same phone and it works fine. Maybe an app is interfering?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 201
Message 12 of 20

Hi Robisaurus,

Thanks for posting here. I'd like to help. I would appreciate if you send us a sample video showing the actual response of the Moto Display to the motion, it will help us see if the display is functioning/responding normal. Also, please make sure that all apps are updated in Playstore. Thanks. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Robisaurus
Paper Tape
Views: 185
Message 13 of 20

Thanks for taking a look. Here are three videos. One showing response to the proximity sensor test, one showing response in normal mode next to an identical phone, and one with the problem child on the left in safe mode.

https://youtu.be/fYj3DC848QE

https://youtu.be/bC2JeI8f46k

https://youtu.be/PzBL0M_q4cc

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 162
Message 14 of 20

Hi Robisaurus,

Thank you for the helpful videos. I remember I had it confirmed that the Moto Display doesn't use proximity sensors, it's rather using super sonic waves that is responsible for its functionality. Would you mind sending another video showing just the phone on the left side? I'll have it checked with my team again. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Robisaurus
Paper Tape
Views: 158
Message 15 of 20

OK. Here you go. 

https://youtu.be/FPKxtT4lXdc

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 115
Message 16 of 20

Hi Robisaurus,

Thanks for the video. I just have it confirmed, they recommend doing a full factory data reset without restoring your apps. To do so, go to Settings > System > Reset > Factory Data Reset. If you have important files kindly back them up so you won't lose any them. Note not to restore your apps automatically after doing the reset, test the feature again and if the issue occur, there might be an issue with sensors. Let us know how it goes. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Robisaurus
Paper Tape
Views: 86
Message 17 of 20

Not willing to invest the time right now, but I understand the process. I assume that the next step would be to re-install apps and find out which one is causing the problem.
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 77
Message 18 of 20

Hi Robisaurus,

I understand, however that troubleshooting step, will greatly help us determine if it's a software or a hardware issue. I would still recommend performing the steps. Let us know if you've time and already proceed with the suggested steps and how it goes. Thank you. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Highlighted
Robisaurus
Paper Tape
Views: 72
Message 19 of 20

I'll let you know if I do it. Do you have a diagnostic for the sonic wave function?
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 34
Message 20 of 20

Hi Robisaurus,

We don't have a way to test the sonic wave. Let me know if you're able to do it. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Top Kudoed Authors