Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ohm529
Paper Tape
Views: 363
Message 1 of 9

Moto Power pack constantly reconnecting

I have a Moto Z3 with the Moto Power Pack, and when I charge the phone with the pack connected, it charges to 48% and the the mod continuously reconnects.  It still charges the battery, but it buzzes and beeps contantly.  It's pretty annoying in the middle of the night.  It will occasionally happen while I'm using the phone with the mod connected and it pretty much prevents me from being able to do anything else with the phone.

Anyone else have this issue or have a solution?

ohm529
Paper Tape
Views: 361
Message 2 of 9

Re: Moto Power pack constantly reconnecting

Sorry, we both have Verizon
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 280
Message 3 of 9

Hi ohm529,

Thank you for posting. Have you checked if the Moto Mod is up to date? While the mod is attached and go to Settings > Moto Mod > System Update. Please let me know how it goes. 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Highlighted
ohm529
Paper Tape
Views: 276
Message 4 of 9

The mod is up to date and the phone just updated to Pie this morning

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 271
Message 5 of 9

I recommend resetting the mod by going to Settings > Moto Mod > Reset. Have you tried other mods and check if the mod would still have reconnecting issues? 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

ohm529
Paper Tape
Views: 260
Message 6 of 9

I've reset it many times to no avail. I've also restarted my phone severl times with no affect.  Sometimes I'm able to make it stop by removing the mod, running my fingers on the pogo pins, and reattaching.  Sometimes...

I would love to try with a different mod, but Motorolla doesn't currently have any of the mods I'm interested in buying availble.  They haven't been available since I bought the phone in November.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 221
Message 7 of 9

Hi ohm529,

I recommend processing a replacement/repair for your moto mod since you have already had it reset.  You can start by going to this link here.

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

HaveBlue
Fanfold Paper
Views: 158
Message 8 of 9

I think this is a general bug in the Z series charging logic. My Z2 will randomly flash that the Turbo charger is connected or disconnected even when no cable is plugged in but sometimes when it is. I just get Toast over and over and can't use that part of the screen for a while until it decides that it is finished.

traumadog
Punch Card
Views: 116
Message 9 of 9

I've noticed that my Moto Turbo Power Pack is slightly off in fitment, leading me to get this connect/disconnect issue.  

I added a small piece of electrical tape around the camera hole to tighten the fit.  It's inelegant, but it works for now.

It is odd though - "third party" mods seem to fit better than the Moto branded one.

Top Kudoed Authors