Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 3,453
Message 1 of 13

Moto Z 2019

I would like to like to see a 4th generation of the Z line with some much needed changes 

The first being a name change to the Moto Z line

Moto Z4 with mid-range specs $490

Moto Z4 Plus with premium specs $800

And X the Moto Z play

Sincerely,

A Motorola Customer Since 1987

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 3,368
Message 2 of 13

Re: Moto Z 2019

We're always looking for opportunities to improve our products. Thank you for your feedback. We'll forward it to our product team.

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 2,991
Message 3 of 13

I’m also a loyal Motorola fan since the early 90’s (StarTac) and have owned several Moto X models (2013, 2014 gen 2, 2015 Pure). I recently “upgraded” to the Moto Z and appreciate the innovations offered through the Moto Mod architecture. However, I can’t help but sense the Motorola engineering team inadvertently forced themselves into a proverbial corner with this form factor. Now that the 3 year commitment for the current Mod platform has been fulfilled, I am hopeful that future Moto/Lenovo designs will introduce new and worthy innovations unique to the mobile experience. This is what Motorola has always been known for.
If I had a wish list of features it would be:

- Smaller/cheaper form factor for the 2nd generation Moto mod architecture;
- AMOLED screens (QHD+ resolution);

- Large capacity battery that doesn't add bulk;
- Flagship grade processor (10nm and 7nm);
- Available headphone jack option;
- Improved camera experience through better hardware and software (OIS, low-light, resolving algorithms).
- continue Moto enhancements (chop for flashlight, Twist for camera, Moto display), and;

- affordable hardware in a market-leading "value for money" offering.

Hopefully Sergio Buniac and his team are listening.

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 2,957
Message 4 of 13

Motorola made one good decision with the Moto Z3 by making it a Verizon exclusive, that is the best way for the phone to sell, now the Moto Z3 play Because of its lower specs and lower price should be sold in every Market and on all US carriers. You can't lower the price of the phone when you already have the play version of the phone at a reduced price. The only way that Motorola can make the Moto Z a flagship phone is for it to be a carrier exclusive in the US  and Unlocked on motorola.com, because of the price of the phone and the mods. You can't expect by giving the phone last year's 835 processor and  last year's camera for the phone to sell, but I can give Motorola a PASS because after 3 months with the Moto Z3 I really like the phone alot. (Battery life is great on the Moto Z3)

Here's an idea why don't you just bring back the Droid name (Moto Z4 Droid) I think the tech Community would go nuts.

Sincerely,

A Motorola customer since 1987

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 2,930
Message 5 of 13

It may have been a good move to make it a Verizon exclusive, but the problem is the Z3 isn't available anywhere else in the world (only the Z3 Play).  This will limit the Z3's ability to increase marketshare on a global market scale. This might also be an indication that Lenovo may have different plans for the future direction of the "Z" line (no more mods maybe?).

Highlighted
drezmelk
Paper Tape
Views: 588
Message 6 of 13

I have never owned a cell phone that was not motorolla.  that being said.... 

I am decently happy with my z3, though a bit unhappy with the year old chipset.  this year, if 91mobiles is to be believed I wont even have the luxuary of a year old flagship chipset. Not an SD 800 series, not the 700 series but a 670.  sadly.... and I do mean sadly... if I do not get a proper flagship I will regretably be moving to a different company.  

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 574
Message 7 of 13

@drezmelk wrote:

I have never owned a cell phone that was not motorolla.  that being said.... 

I am decently happy with my z3, though a bit unhappy with the year old chipset.  this year, if 91mobiles is to be believed I wont even have the luxuary of a year old flagship chipset. Not an SD 800 series, not the 700 series but a 670.  sadly.... and I do mean sadly... if I do not get a proper flagship I will regretably be moving to a different company.  

I am 100% in agreement! I'm also a dedicated Motorola customer who has owned all the Moto flagships since the X series (and now on OG Z phone), I have to say I'm seriously disappointed with this Lenovo trend towards mid-range chipsets. With the migration of the Moto Z series development to Lenovo's China office, it seems there's not much interest in moving forward with more innovation using this form factor. Sadly, the trend seems to be towards building mid-tier "me too" phones and hedging their bets on a foldable screen version of the razr.

drezmelk
Paper Tape
Views: 560
Message 8 of 13

lets hope beyond hope that this doesnt happen. was very hopefull with the rumored "odin" with the new SD 8150. guess we will find out around august.
HaveBlue
Fanfold Paper
Views: 542
Message 9 of 13

This would be the Z4/Play. I'm more excited about the XT2000-1 folding RAZR though. Just have to hope that non Verizon models will be released as I can't see spending a fortune on something like this and having all of VZW's garbage in there, updates that take an extra year to get and a locked bootloaderMoto-Z4-render-leaked.jpg

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 487
Message 10 of 13

This short article on slashgear sums up my biggest fear regarding the "Z" series: that Lenovo has effectively decided to relegate the product line to a midrange offering and begin winding it down to an inevitable conclusion as a flagship phone. I guess they feel it's time for the Z series to catch some "zzzzzz's"  Smiley Wink 

If this is true it's sad. If Motorola had done a better job at marketing and pricing the mods platform, they would have had a solid winner. Those of my friends whom have seen my Moto Z in action are always impressed by its features - especially the "chop chop" flashlight and the double-twist camera launch moto "actions".  At my office, I often "save the day" by swapping out my mod battery for the mod projector to support last-minute presentations for staff. I also regularly use my 360 photo mod for site surveys which are later shared with colleagues over google photos for site assessments. They are continually impressed by what I'm able to do with my Moto Z + mods and always ask the same question; "What phone is that?", followed by "Oh, I remember Motorola, I didn't know they still made phones". Smiley Frustrated