cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dogman1227
What's DOS?
Views: 2,409
Message 1 of 3

Moto Z3 Android Pie update botched phone vibrate and Music playback.

As the title says, after doing the update to my phone from 8.1.0 to 9.0, I've been unable to get vibrate to work for anything, from notifications, to text and receiving calls. Also another side effect, the phone will randomly stop playback of music through any music player app when the screen is off, but not always immediately, sometimes letting it run for as long as 2 minutes before stopping the music.

The phone is a Moto Z3 on Verizon.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,359
Message 2 of 3

Re: Moto Z3 Android Pie update botched phone vibrate and Music playback.

Hello Dogman1227,

Thanks for reporting us, let me try to help. Did it start right after the update, as we have not heard any reports? However, just to narrow down—what happens when you select 'Vibrate' option or reduce the volume bar all the way down? Could you help us with a screenshot of the Settings?

Can we try force rebooting your device and test in Safe Mode to see if this is an app issue? To go into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, then press and hold the pop-up " Power off" key until the Safe Mode instructions pop up. Reboot your device to get back to the 'Normal Mode'.

Also, make sure to have your all apps updated to the latest version on Play Store. Let us know how it goes? 

Best regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

Dogman1227
What's DOS?
Views: 2,350
Message 3 of 3

Re: Moto Z3 Android Pie update botched phone vibrate and Music playback.

Screenshot_20190405-074717.png

You can see that the virbration settings are all on here and yes, it was working up to the moment I updated which was yesterday. Also in regard the music issue...it seems it's the speaker I was using, not the phone causing the problem as both pairs of Bluetooth headphones don't cause that issue. I haven't attempted the force reboot into safe mode yet so that is my next step. Will let you know when I finish that stepif it gets the vibration working or not.

EDIT: Just did a force restart, and once that happened the phone sat for a minute just letting the vibration motor run like crazy at the initial boot screen showing the moto logo before rebooting, and now vibration works for haptic feedback and everything it seems. Everything seems fine now. Thank You!

Top Kudoed Authors