10-18-2020

US

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 2

Moto Z3 Audio Receiver Doesn't work unless it's charging

2020-10-18, 1:31 AM

My phone cannot play audio through apps like youtube or spotify unless it is charging. I also cannot hear people talking on a phone call even though they can hear me. My phone ringtone and alarm still work even when unplugged. However,  I can hear calls and app audio when my phone is charging. These issues also occur when I have headphones plugged in. I have restarted the phone in safe mode and have done a full diagnostic test on my phone. The results show an issue with the receiver and the phone's ability to detect headphone adapters. The charge cable has no issues being detected.

Options

11395 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1163 Signins

157735 Page Views

• Views: 157735
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Moto Z3 Audio Receiver Doesn't work unless it's charging

2020-10-19, 16:55 PM

Hi MotoCal,

I appreciate the troubleshooting you've tried. If the receiver and the audio connection both failed after testing them, it's possible it's a hardware failure. I would suggest doing factory data reset. Backup your important files, but we recommend not restoring them. See if that fixes it. Please let us know. Thanks.

Settings > System > Reset Options > Factory Data Reset

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete