03-25-2020

US

1 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 2

Moto Z3 GPS Inaccurate

2020-03-25, 22:17 PM

Suddenly, my Moto Z3 no longer knows where it is.  When I first open Google Maps, for example, I initially see an accurate location.  After a few moments, the location icon jumps south by about 1 mile, then is begins to meander.  I went outside with the phone to make sure it had a good view of the GPS satellites, but it doesn't help.  My wife's iPhone is not exhibiting this symptom.  It knows exactly where it is.  I have rebooted the phone several times.  I downloaded the GPS Status & Toolbox, and it indicates my location is accurate within 40 meters.  It is not.  I used this utility to clear my cached GPS data and restart the GPS.  No change.  Up until today, I have had no issues with my GPS location.  Any suggestions?

Options

7830 Posts

03-05-2018

US

980 Signins

129047 Page Views

• Views: 129047
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Moto Z3 GPS Inaccurate

2020-03-26, 20:51 PM

Hi WAMarkman,

So does it only happen with Google Maps? Make sure all apps are up to date in Play Store. You can also test the GPS in the Device Help app > Device diagnosis > Hardware Test > GPS. Also, try locating your current location while you are on a different place. Let me know. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save