Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kismet99
Paper Tape
Views: 4,357
Message 1 of 22

Moto Z3 Volume Low

I am wondering if it normal to need the Moto Z3 to be at max or almost max volume to hear notifications, phone calls, alarms, etc on both the receiver and the speakerphone. I've slept through my alarm more than once with how much quieter this phone is. I had the Moto X Pure previously and it was much louder. I don't want to go through getting a "new" replacment phone which will probably be refurbished if this is normal for this phone. I have tried it in Safe Mode and no change either. 

WNY_Guy
Paper Tape
Views: 4,200
Message 2 of 22

Re: Moto Z3 Volume Low

My wife just got a new Z3 last month, and it was doing the same thing; she missed several calls and messages.  It was fine when she first got the phone, and after a couple of weeks, the volume went to 0, and all she was getting was the vibrate.  We were not able to turn up the phone, and the max volume on other functinos was extrememly low, too.  After  several days, it just miraculously started working again.  It has been fine for the last week or so, but hard to trust it now.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 4,181
Message 3 of 22

Hi Kismet99,

Thanks for posting. I'd like to confirm, was the volume way louder before? It's hard for me to tell if this is related to the hardware or to the software. If possible try comparing the sound of your Moto Z3 to another Moto Z3 and see if there's any differences. Let me know. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Kismet99
Paper Tape
Views: 4,162
Message 4 of 22

I do not have access to  another Moto Z3 at this time. I could try to go to the Verizon store but I don't know if they will have one for me to try. No the volume was not louder before, it's been the same volume. I've only had this phone a week.  I just don't know if its normal to need the volume to be almost at max to hear at a regular call on the receiver or speakerphone.  

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 4,146
Message 5 of 22

Hi Kismet99,

Thanks for the reply.It's a good idea, you can compare and replicate the Z3 phone from Verizon store. Regarding the ringing volume, it is in ascending mode, so you would hear it low at first and then would go louder. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Kismet99
Paper Tape
Views: 4,144
Message 6 of 22

It's not about the ascending volume issue which I am aware of. I'm again asking if it is normal to have the volume at Max or near Max to hear a call on Speakerphone or the Receiver to hear the call at normal volume. Also, my alarm volume has to be maxed now when on the previous phone I got the same volume at 50%, max was way to loud. I completed the phone reset with no change. 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 4,102
Message 7 of 22

Hi Kismet99,

Thanks for clarifying. We can consider the network signal strength of both parties (you and the person you're calling). I would still suggest testing with another Moto Z3 to compare. Also, please send me a screenshot of the signal strength during phone call (Settings > System > About Phone > Mobile Network > Signal Strength), and I'll further investigate. Thank you. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

WNY_Guy
Paper Tape
Views: 4,093
Message 8 of 22

I know that in my case it wasn't signal strength, because it occurred at home, and the phone had worked fine (normal adjustable volume) before, and started working again later. The volume has died off again since it came back, but if it does, I will pay close attention to signal strength and settings.
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 4,060
Message 9 of 22

Hi WNY_Guy,

Are you still having this issue? Are you having both issue with calls and media? What happened when you press the volume buttons? Are you seeing the volume slider on the screen? 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

RT25
Paper Tape
Views: 3,664
Message 10 of 22

My Moto Z3 recently developed issues with the sound. Notification sounds are weak, speakers low volu

Top Kudoed Authors