Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mtnchic
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,498
Message 1 of 9

Moto Z3 camera blurry

I just received my Motorola z 3 on Tuesday and the camera is now blurry. I have read thru every post and nothing has fixed the blurriness.

Does Motorola plan to figure this out?

No wonder Verizon is selling these with a huge credit - they needed to get rid of them! I was told by the sales man that it was the newest model and i'd love it... So lame. Over deliver don't over sell.

Edit: Changed title for the correct model - Rich

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,461
Message 2 of 9

Re: Moto Z3 camera blurry

Hi Mtnchic,

Thanks for posting. I'd like to help. May I know the Settings of Camera? Also, can you send us a sample photo? Is this happening in video and selfie mode? Let us know, and will help us investigate. Thank you.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Mikkaph
SCSI Port
Views: 1,448
Message 3 of 9

The only way MY camera issue was Fixed, they gave me a refurbished Phone in exchange for my New phone.
Note:

I also bought mine from Verizon>>>>The Liars, said to ME, this is One of our Best New Phones in July of this year,  a  Moto Z2 Force, which was already out by Aug. 2017. They sold it to me as a New 2018 Phone with Problems.
You just can't TRUST any Retail Sales anymore.

Mikkaph
SCSI Port
Views: 1,444
Message 4 of 9

If it hasn't been over 10 Days, If I were You I would Take it back for a Different Brand Phone. That's just totally IMHO.

This is Verizon's Return Policy and I quote.

If you purchased your merchandise from a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, please follow the instructions below to process your return:

• Customers who purchased their merchandise at a Verizon Wireless Communications Store should return/exchange their merchandise at a Verizon Wireless Communications Store only.
  • A $50 restocking fee applies to all wireless device returns and all wireless exchanges (excluding Hawaii).
  • Pack the merchandise (including phone, charger, battery, instructions, etc.) in its ORIGINAL box.
  • All merchandise must be in likenew condition. The original customer receipt must accompany all returns. Please retain a copy of the receipt for your records.
  • Return the merchandise to any Verizon Wireless Communications Store.
  • Returning your merchandise does not automatically terminate your service. Cancellation of service can only be done at the request of the customer.
Gustin_Yo
Paper Tape
Views: 1,337
Message 5 of 9

Photos are always blurry, even if camera DID focused right

I also have the same issue. Moto Z3 Verizon. It almost looks like the photos are taken while moving, when I take the photo yet I assure you the camera is still. I will say that it seems to get better with HDR off and not using 12MP, I tried 8MP. Still unhappy.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,324
Message 6 of 9

Re: Photos are always blurry, even if camera DID focused right

Hi Gustin_Yo,

Thanks for posting. I merged your post here. Can you please send us a sample photo? Try adjusting the focus by tapping on the screen. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Mtnchic
Blue Screen Again
Views: 786
Message 7 of 9

Hi Its been a while and it's still continuing to be blurry. If I shake the phone sometimes it helps. Seems like a focus issue. Got worse last week with the upgrade.

It is only blurry in color picture mode and video.

Its fine in black and white.

I attached a photo.

Mtnchic
Blue Screen Again
Views: 785
Message 8 of 9

Re: Photos are always blurry, even if camera DID focused right

Always tap the screen and it usually does nothing. Every once in a while it'll focus.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 759
Message 9 of 9

Hi Mtnchic,

Thanks for posting. Have you tried adjusting the focus to manual? Is there any difference? 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support