Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jeff_Sellers
Paper Tape
Views: 243
Message 21 of 24

Re: Moto Z3 gives double vision in Google Daydream

So now the 5G mod is coming out and all they hype around what it will do for VR. But it's being released for a phone that the manufacturer does not "support" VR even though the last 2 models did. It feels like Motorola has abandoned it's early adopters in an age where the usual question is "Will you be buying an Apple or Samsung phone today?" Not a great feeling. Something for everyone to keep in mind when you purchase your next phone.

Highlighted
gonzomustang
Paper Tape
Views: 174
Message 22 of 24

Hi

After re-reading and considering your last post on this subject, I understand it was never "tuned" for Daydream, but can you answer whether it be updated to support it? Is it being considered?

If not, is there a different VR solution for this phone? I recently saw a 1 year-old spoiler post here: https://www.androidcentral.com/motorolas-stepping-vr-space-its-virtual-viewer-moto-mod about a VR mod. Is that ever coming? Or maybe Motorola is just avoiding the VR arena altogether now? :-( 

I'm gonna have to dump this phone if I cannot get support for daydream or another VR system. Cardboard also does not work that well on this phone, but probably because of same "lack-of-tuning". The cardboard app and Google VR services crash often on this phone, and many apps will not even start.

My 3 year-old Samusng S7 is still working with VR Gear and Cardboard quite well, so might have to switch back over to it. :-(

This is more than enough to sour my Motorola experience and to avoid in the future. I am impressed with the phone so far except for this issue. I like that it uses a cleaner version of Android (unlike bloatware crap that Samsung is pushing on their phones). I even bought a couple moto-mods and think the idea is great. but if it cannot support VR, then I need to find another phone. Please consider bringing this newest phone up-to-par with your other Moto Z phones in the VR space.

thanks.

Jeff_Sellers
Paper Tape
Views: 116
Message 23 of 24

Per the Qualcomm page for the 5G Moto Mod they specifically say "Snap on the 5G moto mod, though, and moto z3 users gain 5G speeds, efficiency, and the power to do just about anything, like download an entire 4K movie in seconds or experience near lag-free AR and VR." So can we get some clarification on the 5G mod and if this will resolve Daydream issue or will it be some other flavor of VR 

https://www.qualcomm.com/snapdragon/smartphones/motorola-moto-z3-5g-moto-mod

Jeff_Sellers
Paper Tape
Views: 72
Message 24 of 24

Got 5g mod last night. I can confirm Daydream still says not compatible. Could we get a follow from a Moderator on this?

Top Kudoed Authors