Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 71
Message 21 of 23

Re: Random and Irregular Notification Vibrate

Hi ElPotato,

When you boot the phone in safe mode, do you still get this random vibration?

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Highlighted
ElPotato
Punch Card
Views: 61
Message 22 of 23

Hi Agent_Rich,

I have not left my phone in safe mode for days on end to test if I get random vibrations.  I typically need to remove it from Safe Mode throughout the day to run my business.  The vibrations are so random... some days I'll get 3 in 15 minutes and then it'll go 4 days without a random vibration (or, maybe, I don't notice/hear the vibration and it is more consistent).

I had a theory that maybe it would vibrate with notifications I have yet to dismiss.  At times it seems to vibrate if there's an outstanding notification that I have not cleared for the stock email client/app, which I have all notifications off, and the email came in hours ago.  Not sure why it would vibrate hours later and since notifications are off, but there were times it did.  (I think those are coincidental, since the random vibrations occur without any notifications present.)

Other times I have an evernote reminder I have not dismissed and the random vibrate happens (again, way after the alert comes in).

And there's times it vibrates without any notification or outstanding notification.

When I get a random vibration, I'll check recent notifications to see if something is causing a vibration, but nothing is recent.

Thanks again!

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 23
Message 23 of 23

Hi ElPotato

I would suggest doing Safe Mode in your most convenient time. This will help us identify if there's an app causing the problem. If the problem doesn't happen in safe mode, the problem is caused by software. Since the only thing that safe mode does is prevent third-party apps from launching automatically. 

Best regards,
Mike
Motorola Support

Top Kudoed Authors