Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto Z Phones - Mod CapableMoto Z3
All Forum Topics
Options

18 Posts

01-05-2018

United States of America

26 Signins

330 Page Views

• Views: 330
  • Message 1 of 5

Smart Lock Screen shows no options.

2018-10-22, 4:24 AM

Earlier this evening it seemed "Smart Lock" had crashed on my new Z3 Play. I did some searching and couldn't find an explanation here or elsewhere so I did a factory reset... it popped back up and then after I finished re-installing my apps it failed again. After uninstalling my apps a few at a time the problem was still there, no actual settings on the smart lock settings screen. Safe mode did not help, so I reset the phone a second time tonight and allowed the play store to reinstall from my backup when first prompted (contrary to the recommendation prompt from moto). The smart lock settings page is populated with choices again. But there is a pending update to Moto Face Unlock in the play store that I am loathe to install... could that be the source of the Smart Lock crash. Plus when I filled the Subject box to create this thread it recomended a thread on the moto g6 forum which also leads to a moto x4 page for the SAME problem on these other moto devices. SO if you are having this issue on your moto Z3 play try unchecking Smart Lock on the Trusted Agents screen, reboot the phone and then try to use the Smart Lock settings page. On the other devices this seems to fix the crash and allows the page to be re-populated with settings. What do I do about Moto Face Unlock? I have no intention of using it... do I update or ignore? 

Answer
Options

18 Posts

01-05-2018

United States of America

26 Signins

330 Page Views

Re: Smart Lock Screen shows no options.

2018-10-23, 1:17 AM

thanks, wish i had found this solution b4 factory reset. now i'm getting sim issues with boost/sprint which i am pretty sure are sprint problems...

Replies(4)
Options

28352 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

5842 Signins

132780 Page Views

• Views: 132780
  • Message 2 of 5

2018-10-22, 12:18 PM

wrote:

Earlier this evening it seemed "Smart Lock" had crashed on my new Z3 Play. I did some searching and couldn't find an explanation here or elsewhere so I did a factory reset... it popped back up and then after I finished re-installing my apps it failed again. After uninstalling my apps a few at a time the problem was still there, no actual settings on the smart lock settings screen. Safe mode did not help, so I reset the phone a second time tonight and allowed the play store to reinstall from my backup when first prompted (contrary to the recommendation prompt from moto). The smart lock settings page is populated with choices again. But there is a pending update to Moto Face Unlock in the play store that I am loathe to install... could that be the source of the Smart Lock crash. Plus when I filled the Subject box to create this thread it recomended a thread on the moto g6 forum which also leads to a moto x4 page for the SAME problem on these other moto devices. SO if you are having this issue on your moto Z3 play try unchecking Smart Lock on the Trusted Agents screen, reboot the phone and then try to use the Smart Lock settings page. On the other devices this seems to fix the crash and allows the page to be re-populated with settings. What do I do about Moto Face Unlock? I have no intention of using it... do I update or ignore? 

Empty smartlock page is a google bug affecting many brands. The trusted agents fix has worked on my Moto and Nexus phones every time i have run into this issue. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Answer
Options

18 Posts

01-05-2018

United States of America

26 Signins

330 Page Views

• Message 3 of 5

2018-10-23, 1:17 AM

thanks, wish i had found this solution b4 factory reset. now i'm getting sim issues with boost/sprint which i am pretty sure are sprint problems...

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

130 Posts

12-18-2014

United States of America

395 Signins

5963 Page Views

• Views: 5963
  • Message 4 of 5

2018-11-06, 18:11 PM

I was unaware that the smart lock screen issue affected any other manufacture of phones until mentioned above. I have only seen this as a Motorolla issue. I also have not seen an acknowledgement from Google stating its their problem. If its a google problem I would of thought after this length of time something could of been done to fix this. I am gonna have to do a little more digging on this matter on other forums because aparently I missed the severity of this issue for other manufactors. 

Options

74 Posts

04-11-2016

United States of America

255 Signins

3223 Page Views

• Views: 3223
  • Message 5 of 5

2018-11-06, 23:45 PM

Also if the smart lock is not working at your home. Add another location at your home. Then move the positon just slightly to make the program recalculate the positon. This has worked for me. Also with the above solution if you restart the phone at a later date the screen will be blank again and you'll have to go throuth the process again.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms