US

3 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 3

Stuck on BLue Motorola Screen - able to access "boot menu"

2020-09-27, 0:23 AM

I can't get my device to fully boot up. Here is the sequence of events:  

-My phone randomly shut off when I was replying to a text. 

-On normal reboot, I got a message that the system storage was very low. I selected the option to choose something to delete, and the phone shut off again. 

-On attempted restart, the phone began a looped booting cycle. It got past the motorola screen to the verizon screen. From the verizon screen it went back to the Motorola screen. It keep looping repeatedly.

-I shut it down multiple times and got the same sequence. I left it alone for about an hour while plugged to a charger, and it ended up stopping on the Blue Motorola screen and not advancing.

-I held Volume Down and Power to get the options for recovery. I can access the recovery menu, but I don't know what do do from there. If I hit RESTART from the boot menu, it goes right to the frozen Motorola screen.  

-If I leave the phone on for a while, every now and then the phone will flash white with the start of the verizon screen, and then it will go immediately back to the Motorola screen. 

-I know Factory Reset is an option, but it is my last resort. Is there a way to get the phone to completely boot up again or even just extract my data before I do a factory reset? I think this issue is because of super low storage but I don't know how to free space without being able to get completely back into the phone.

I appreciate any help or ideas. The things I mentioned trying were tried multiple times and ended with me turning the phone off and leaving it on the charger for several hours before trying again. At this point I am able to access the menu for boot options/recovery. Is there something in there I can try as far as freeing storage space or maybe booting minimally? I tried holding volume up on boot to access safe mode, but it does not move past the blue screen.

Thank you for your time!!

Options

1 Posts

09-27-2020

US

1 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:Stuck on BLue Motorola Screen - able to access "boot menu"

2020-09-27, 22:30 PM

I am having an identical issue on my Z3! It suddenly died on me last night and ever since when I try to turn it on it starts on the blue Moto screen, flips through a bunch of the typical Verizon screens, sometimes says "Hello Moto" and then starts the loop back over. 

I thought the Rescue and Smart Assistant tool from Lenovo looked promising, but I can't use any of the backup functionality unless USB debugging is turned on...which I obviously can't do since I can't get the phone to start up. 

Options

2 Posts

09-27-2020

US

3 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:Stuck on BLue Motorola Screen - able to access "boot menu"

2020-09-29, 12:24 PM

Were you able to get yours working again? After 2 hours on a chat with Verizon, they told me the only thing I can do is wipe the data and factory reset. :( 

I am trying one last thing and going to a repair shop on Friday to see if they can do anything. I really don't want to lose my data!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete