Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
XndeX
What's DOS?
Views: 486
Message 1 of 7

Verizon Moto Z3 downgrade to Oreo 8.1

I have been trying without success to downgrade to Oreo on my Z3.
I have tried ADB sideload (Gives a file error)
I have tried putting zip file on SD card. ( Phone will not read the SD card in recovery mode)
I even tried RSD Lite (gotfurther with this but it fails to put the phone in fast boot)

I think going back to Oreo is a pipedream at this point. 
And Verizon is of no help. They suggested going to Geek Squad!

Has anyone successfully done this on a Z3?

brooktrout
Token Ring
Views: 447
Message 2 of 7

Re: Verizon Moto Z3 downgrade to Oreo 8.1

From reading past posts on the same questions. It cannot be reversed once updated. What type of issues are you having that would make you want to? There is a bit of a learning curve on pie but you can usually look them up and watch a few videos to address the problems. Like how to control notifications and such. 

XndeX
What's DOS?
Views: 441
Message 3 of 7

It's not so much me as the wife. Her phone does random reboots when the battery gets below 50%.
2 games she plays heavily do not function correctly. The GPS is no longer accurate and lags or wanders around. 
So it's a little bit of everything that is just no bueno.
Just going to have to hope either the phone gets an update to it that addresses these issues. 
Already tried going through Verizon and they were no help. 

PIEscrewedUS
Paper Tape
Views: 416
Message 4 of 7

Pie just made me want another platform . The update is completely wack. This is complete bullcrap from Android. Battery sux now and just found out that Bluetooth is not picking up certain devices. What's next Moto/Android?? That update is Lame Honest and my partner is experiencing the same BS.n

HaveBlue
Fanfold Paper
Views: 386
Message 5 of 7

Never buy a Verizon version of a phone. updates take forever if ever, are filled with junk and you can't control the firmware.
antonics
Fanfold Paper
Views: 365
Message 6 of 7

In Reply to Brooktrout...Is it because of unusually fast battery drain after the update to Android 9. I am experiencing that battery drain issue too. Has there been any solution? Newbie here

Highlighted
Tmo457
Paper Tape
Views: 49
Message 7 of 7

What phone do you have? I bought the z3 from Verizon back in February on Oreo and Oreo is waaaaaaaaaaay better, I foolish upgraded to pie and have hated this paper weight ever since I tried returning it for an Oreo and these idiots updated them all, on pie it has stupid security features preventing several of my security theft apps from working, before you needed a password to turn the phone off to prevent deactivating my GPS if stolen pie doesn't allow this in it's security update, then my prey app no longer functions properly and neither does my back up app, also brightness is terrible on the pie update the worst of any phone I've owned, in top of same thing gps stopped working blue tooth sucks and a host of pointless stupid features nobody needs in a phone from pie, then the battery dies 80% faster, the ceeaters of pie are retarded 

Top Kudoed Authors