cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Madmallard
Punch Card
Views: 500
Message 51 of 59

Re: We need people to participate in the MFN for Moto Z3 Verizon! Oportunity starting soon!

I read somewhere that said the 5g mod will 'use Pie'. I am unsure as to whether this meant the mod will utilize Pie when its available, or that the mod will literally need Pie in order to run. The mod is launching April 11th, with this description, " Chicago and Minneapolis are Verizon’s first 5G Ultra Wideband mobility cities, launching April 11, with more than 30 markets set to launch in 2019.†† Get notified when Verizon’s 5G network launches in your area! Sign up here. "

What I would like to know is; if it requires Pie will only the users in those select cities in turn be the ones to get Pie first?

Madmallard
Punch Card
Views: 498
Message 52 of 59

Re: We need people to participate in the MFN for Moto Z3 Verizon! Oportunity starting soon!

this android update came out half a year ago. theyve had plenty of time. The play received it in february
mielli1
SCSI Port
Views: 490
Message 53 of 59

@Madmallard wrote:

I read somewhere that said the 5g mod will 'use Pie'. I am unsure as to whether this meant the mod will utilize Pie when its available, or that the mod will literally need Pie in order to run. The mod is launching April 11th, with this description, " Chicago and Minneapolis are Verizon’s first 5G Ultra Wideband mobility cities, launching April 11, with more than 30 markets set to launch in 2019.†† Get notified when Verizon’s 5G network launches in your area! Sign up here. "

What I would like to know is; if it requires Pie will only the users in those select cities in turn be the ones to get Pie first?

I haven't seen anywhere on the Verizon website that any specific version is needed. Not even when ordering the 5g mod. Nothing in the fine print or anywhere. 

mielli1
SCSI Port
Views: 375
Message 54 of 59

@mielli1 wrote:

@Madmallard wrote:

I haven't seen anywhere on the Verizon website that any specific version is needed. Not even when ordering the 5g mod. Nothing in the fine print or anywhere. 

I can now confirm, 5g required 9.0. the update is currently downloading and it includes this as knee if the included updates.

Madmallard
Punch Card
Views: 372
Message 55 of 59

I had a feeling, thanks for the confirmation sir!

tmana
Serial Port
Views: 213
Message 56 of 59

Differences between the 835, 845, and 855 processors are processor speed, better graphics processing units, increased RAM support, and support for more mature LTE feature sets (there are several upcoming feature sets for LTE that will happen before, or concurrent with, 5G rollout). The 855 also supports native 5G.

FWIW, most of us won't need to worry about a 5G phone before 2021 earliest, and most likely 2023 based on the industry predictions and infrastructure buildout times I'd been seeing before the Huawei embargo.

MikeR971
Paper Tape
Views: 166
Message 57 of 59

Registered. Thanks!!

Choppr7
Paper Tape
Views: 131
Message 58 of 59

I'm in!

Punch Card
Views: 128
Message 59 of 59

I really appreciate the invite and will, with all due care and dillagence, post and reply if I find any issue that may come up. I have all faith that this will work.

Again thank you for the invite.

Top Kudoed Authors