cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Steve199
Punch Card
Views: 233
Message 61 of 106

Re: What are the odds for Motorola to make the 4th gen Z family?

You have to remember Lenovo owns Motorola not Google, and lenovo's approach to selling phones is quite different. Especially in the United States, I believe in 2019 the Moto z 4 will be exclusive to Verizon and that the Moto Z4 play will be more readily available online and in more retail locations. Lenovo has more of a long-term growth approach. Whereas Google wanted to make a lot of cheap phones which did not work. Lenovo approach has yielded some growth being that last quarter, Motorola broke even.

Covek
SCSI Port
Views: 230
Message 62 of 106

The Z3, well, that whole thing just came across like an after thought (especially the Z3 Play). I've said this before in this thread: For 2019, Motorola needs to deliver solid hardware (for the Z line) at a competititve price to remain a relevant player in the mobile market. 

Yhe Z3 Play was an upgrade from the Z2 Play beside the headphone jack so I wouldn't call it an after thought. I'm pretty sure that the Z4 play will be an upgrade over the Z3 Play in every way minus front facing speaker. Hopefully the Z4 will comes with 855 and be available worldwide. I like the renders of the Z4 play because the teardrop notch allows the phone to remain relatively thin and sturdy. I personally don't think that the hole punch screen is an improvement over the teardrop notch.

Steve199
Punch Card
Views: 182
Message 63 of 106

What about a price of $799.00 US, for the Moto Z4 with an updated camera and a Qualcomm 855 Chip.

Remember Motorola has the Moto Z4 Play as the entry-level Moto  Z phone at a price of around $499.00 US.

Highlighted
pav1
Punch Card
Views: 180
Message 64 of 106

@Steve199 wrote:

What about a price of $799.00 US, for the Moto Z4 with an updated camera and a Qualcomm 855 Chip.

Remember Motorola has the Moto Z4 Play as the entry-level Moto  Z phone at a price of around $499.00 US.

I'm somewhat confused by your statement that the Z4 Play's price is at "around $499 USD" considering that, as of this message, the phone doesn't exist, has yet to be officially announced and (as a consequence) isn't even up for sale.

Steve199
Punch Card
Views: 177
Message 65 of 106

My apologies, that was a type o

Moto Z3 Play $499.99US

Covek
SCSI Port
Views: 163
Message 66 of 106

I would be very surprised if the Z4 play wouldn't be priced around $500 given the minor improvements. It may even cost less if it won't come bundled with a battery mod wich was a stupid move IMHO - if I get charged for a mod I would like to choose the type and colour.

Steve199
Punch Card
Views: 143
Message 67 of 106

I think that Motorola has learned a lesson with the Moto Z3 play, with having to give away battery Mods.

The Moto Z4 play should come with a much bigger battery.

Covek
SCSI Port
Views: 130
Message 68 of 106

I think it will come with the same 3000 mha.

pav1
Punch Card
Views: 86
Message 69 of 106

@Covek wrote:

Yhe Z3 Play was an upgrade from the Z2 Play beside the headphone jack so I wouldn't call it an after thought. I'm pretty sure that the Z4 play will be an upgrade over the Z3 Play in every way minus front facing speaker. Hopefully the Z4 will comes with 855 and be available worldwide. I like the renders of the Z4 play because the teardrop notch allows the phone to remain relatively thin and sturdy. I personally don't think that the hole punch screen is an improvement over the teardrop notch.

I've been spending some time switching back and forth from my orginal Moto Z and my new Moto Z3 Play and I have to honestly say the Z3 Play feels like a step backward.  The older Snapdragon 820 is consistently more responsive than the newer Snapdragon 636 in the Z3 Play and its side-mounted fingerprint sensor is noticeably slower.  The specs of these two phones suggest that they should perform equally on par with each other but I beg to differ. The recently announced G7 Plus also has the 636 chip and is technically identical to the Z3 Play (minus the mods).  It's also (coincidentally) not available in USA. Hmmph!!  To be honest, I would have much preferred a Z3 equipped with a Qualcomm 835 but I only buy my phones unlocked; not an option with the Verizon "exclusive" Z3.  

Why does Motorola have an obsession with mid-tier processors?  I read somewhere that they were the top selling brand of unlocked Android phones in the US...  Seriously!!?  If this is true why don't they offer an unlocked version of their top-tier models with a Qualcomm 8xx chip !?!

Can someone at Motorola please explain their product marketing strategy because I just can't make any sense of it.

Covek
SCSI Port
Views: 67
Message 70 of 106

@pav1 wrote:

@Covek  Why does Motorola have an obsession with mid-tier processors?  I read somewhere that they were the top selling brand of unlocked Android phones in the US...  Seriously!!?  If this is true why don't they offer an unlocked version of their top-tier models with a Qualcomm 8xx chip !?!

Can someone at Motorola please explain their product marketing strategy because I just can't make any sense of it.

Costumes don't buy top-tier phones unlocked because it's to much 💰. Carriers always subsidies the top tier phones in order to lure you in.

Moto G is the reason why MotoLevo is the best selling unlocked Phone in the USA. This year Samsung will try to take the 👑 with it's M/A series phone.

Top Kudoed Authors