cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Covek
Token Ring
Views: 224
Message 111 of 211

Re: What are the odds for Motorola to make the 4th gen Z family?

@Anonymous_User wrote:

Check out this news: https://www.gsmarena.com/prices_and_specs_ot_moto_z4_phones_leak-news-36873.php

There will be a Z4 Force edition with triple camera, 3200Mah battery, Qualcomm 855 chipset and (fingers crossed) a headphone jack!!!!   

If this leak is true, and the price is "right"; Moto Z is back baby!!! WOOOOHOOO!!!

I soooo hope the Z4 Force doesn't end up a Verizon exclusive.

I hope it all true 😆

Highlighted
Covek
Token Ring
Views: 188
Message 112 of 211

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/trends/moto-z4-moto-z4-force-specifications-and-price-revealed-393...

Price is right according to this article 😆. I do think that the Z4 will start with 4/64 GB with 6/128 GB in selected markets and the Force will start with 6/64 or 128 GB with 8/128 or 256 GB in selected markets.

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 177
Message 113 of 211

@Covek wrote:

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/trends/moto-z4-moto-z4-force-specifications-and-price-revealed-393...

Price is right according to this article 😆. I do think that the Z4 will start with 4/64 GB with 6/128 GB in selected markets and the Force will start with 6/64 or 128 GB with 8/128 or 256 GB in selected markets.

3 camera set-up with 855 chipset, moto mods, headphone jack, 6/128 (or better yet 8/256) unlocked and available worldwide would be absolute GOLD!

HaveBlue
Fanfold Paper
Views: 174
Message 114 of 211

Promising news. I don't think a usable folding phone is coming this year so a z4 of sorts may be the ticket. 8mp telephoto seems pointless unless it is more than 2x optical. Otherwise you can probably just crop 48mp to 8mp (6x8 to 3x4) and have the same shot.

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 169
Message 115 of 211

@HaveBlue wrote:

Promising news. I don't think a usable folding phone is coming this year so a z4 of sorts may be the ticket. 8mp telephoto seems pointless unless it is more than 2x optical. Otherwise you can probably just crop 48mp to 8mp (6x8 to 3x4) and have the same shot.

More importantly, the Z4 camera needs to take much better quality photos overall! The last best camera in a Moto phone was the Moto X 2014 - and that's not saying much... I certainly hope that Lenovo has invested in some engineering resources to improve their picture processing algorithms... or even better, they should simply license the Google camera software for the Z4.

Covek
Token Ring
Views: 148
Message 116 of 211

I wouldn't get my hopes up regarding to headphone jack on the Force as it's not been mantioned yet. Also I don't know how they going to squeeze in 3 lens and a flash into that tiny circle 🤔. I mean look at the Huawei Mate 20 and the upcoming iPhone XI with their big quare camera bump. Maybe Motorola opt for a ring flash 🤫. Licensing the Google camera app wouldn't be enough as the Pixel phone has additional imige processing units to make the photos the way they are. Saying that the app itself can make photos look better in sertain phones but it won't support triple camera setup as the upcoming Pixel 4 rumoured to come with 2 lens on the rear (who needs a telephoto lens 😌).

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 143
Message 117 of 211

I made a prediction that Motorola would discontinue the play version of the Moto Z line, I'm somewhat skeptical about Motorola making a moto Z 4 Force... Unless the Motorola engineers have figured out how to change the Shatter-Shield display debacle of the Moto Z2 Force. I do believe that there will be a flagship Moto Z 4 cell phone, my question is will it actually be called the Moto Z4 Force and if so will it have the Shatter-Shield display.

Covek
Token Ring
Views: 113
Message 118 of 211

The Force use to stand for shatter shield the Play for lowered spect version than the original G/X/Z. Technically speaking the standard Z/X doesn't necessarily stand for SD 800 SOC (X4 with SD630). The big confusion here is the fact that in 2017 Motorola used the Play to make it clear that the Z2 doesn't have an 800 series chip. They are kind of confusing themselves because there was no reason to call it play back then without an accual standard Z2. Their 2019 naming makes more sense if the Force does have the shatter proof display else they are a bunch of idiots because they should just call it Plus following the logic they use in the G series.

Covek
Token Ring
Views: 108
Message 119 of 211

After all that speculation here is an article about the mods - the very thing makes this line of phones so special - itself.

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2019/05/09/motorola_mod_flop_now_a_savvy_techies_dream/

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 105
Message 120 of 211

@Covek wrote:

After all that speculation here is an article about the mods - the very thing makes this line of phones so special - itself.

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2019/05/09/motorola_mod_flop_now_a_savvy_techies_dream/

Great link! Coincidentally I checked the price of the Hasselblad camera mod on Amazon and it's the lowest price I've ever seen ( $125 US). I ended up buying myself one! I now have the 360 mod, battery mod, projector mod, wireless charger mod and soon to be Hasselblad mod. Just waiting for the Polaroid Instashare mod to drop down to decent price.

**UPDATE**

I received the Hasselblad camera mod and to say it's a disappointment would be an understatement. Apart from the 10x optical zoom and excellent build quality, there is no other reason to own this mod. Camera quality is just plain bad - very bad, especially compared to the Z and Z2 Force built-in optics. Sending it right back to Amazon for a refund. Hasselblad should be ashamed of putting their name on such a horrible camera.