cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 263
Message 201 of 211

Re: What are the odds for Motorola to make the 4th gen Z family?

Well it seems many Moto fans are angry with the decision to only release phones with mid-grade processors.  Motorola's official announcement that there will be no more Z phones for 2019 is prompting people to post their disappointment on twitter.

GSMArena and The Verge are already calling out Motorola for only releasing "budget" phones in 2019 .

So sad.

Covek
Token Ring
Views: 229
Message 202 of 211

The article defends MotoLevo or Levorola 😁 decision not to release a flagship Pro model as it would have to go head to head with the big boys. I personally would have loved to see an 855 model but understand that manufacturing it in low numbers for the few fans would further increase the cost of the retail price. I'm a bit annoyed by the 4 GB on the Z4 thought - not cool in 2019. Hoping to see this how this 4 camera phone turns out if it ever release.

Covek
Token Ring
Views: 225
Message 203 of 211

Created a new topic to collect rumours regards to the quad camera phone 🤔😏

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-Z3/Rumors-around-the-mysterious-quad-camera-phone/td-p/4443786

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 213
Message 204 of 211

Well we can't necessarily blame Motorola, if you look at Moto Z Force, the Moto Z2 Force and the Moto Z3. The phone's just didn't seale very well and none of the reviews on YouTube were positive, also Motorola said that the Moto Z play line sold better than the flagship Moto Z line.

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 197
Message 205 of 211

The Z4 doesn't even compare performance-wise against the older Z3 and Z2Force.

The Moto brand has lost its spark.  Lenovo has killed the brand with their "bottom line" mentality - in much the same way they managed to ruin the reputation of the ThinkPad line. 

It's time to search elsewhere for innovation. I'll be looking to sell-off my Z3 Play and mods and start evaluating the latest Asus and OnePlus phones.

What a shame.

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 177
Message 206 of 211

Well I'm a Motorola enthusiast, so I'll be sticking with Motorola and I'm actually looking forward to purchasing the Moto Z 4.

A Motorola customer

since 1987

sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 175
Message 207 of 211

@Anonymous_User wrote:

Well I'm a Motorola enthusiast, so I'll be sticking with Motorola and I'm actually looking forward to purchasing the Moto Z 4.

A Motorola customer

since 1987

Same here.  I plan on buying  one on the 13th or 14th once I can see it and make sure the lip around the Moto Mods isn't too bad.  Looking forward to this phone.

~Scott
Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 166
Message 208 of 211

The Moto Z phones always felt like you had to have a case or a style shell on the back of the phone. With the Moto Z4 it may now feel more like a cell phone.

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 143
Message 209 of 211

Let's be perfectly honest; Motorola had plans to release more than one Z4 variant but at the last minute they decided to "cut their losses" and only release the mid-grade Z4 because the future sales forecast for flagship phones isn't good.  

There are no more new mods.  The development program for the mod platform died a year ago. Motorola will deplete the remaining mods inventory through Z4 bundles. The bundles will justify the higher asking price and help to get rid of poor selling mods.

If there is a new flagship from Motorola, it won't be a "Z" model - which will confirm that the Z series is "no more" beyond 2019.

Covek
Token Ring
Views: 120
Message 210 of 211

I have to agree with Pav1 on the future of Z phones. By making the Z4 more rounded on the back MotoLevo trying to appeal to non Style shell/smaller battery mod users as those 2 mods were often be used with the phone at all times to make it feel complete. The 4 will be best used with a 3rd party cases; the mods will be used as and when needed. I like useing the style shells as they give the Z enough protection and grip without increasing the widths of the phone but the majority of costumers like to use a case or go naked so I understand the decision behind this move. In the end of the day we got 4 generation of Z phones so we can't say the Levorola haven't give it a go. It would be nice to see an online only limited quantity 5th generation Z phone but it's very unlikely to happen. On the bright side OnePlus has some very good cases for their phones 🙂😉