cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
blynkofaneye
Fanfold Paper
Posts: 13
Registered: ‎08-29-2018
Location: US
Views: 341
Message 51 of 100

Moto Z4 Play Leaked???

Covek
SCSI Port
Posts: 93
Registered: ‎07-10-2018
Location: GB
Views: 320
Message 52 of 100

Re: What are the odds for Motorola to make the 4th gen Z family?

https://pocketnow.com/moto-z4-play-render-leaks
It looks like Motorola is going with the tear drop notch. Single camera is unlikely though.
pav1
Punch Card
Posts: 100
Registered: ‎09-09-2015
Location: US
Views: 307
Message 53 of 100

Re: What are the odds for Motorola to make the 4th gen Z family?


@Covek wrote:
https://pocketnow.com/moto-z4-play-render-leaks
It looks like Motorola is going with the tear drop notch. Single camera is unlikely though.

Nice find!  I just bought myself a Z3 Play and to be honest, I'm not too happy with the mid tier chip performance or the behavior of the FP sensor (not being able to lock the screen). I have since switched back to my original Moto Z.  If the Verizon exclusivity mentioned in that article is true (for the Z4), it should be limited to only the USA, where Verizon's market exists.

Lenovo/Moto should at least make available a Z4 variant to worldwide markets equipped with top tier chipset and increased memory options (6+GB RAM/128+GB Storage).

 

Steve199
Punch Card
Posts: 16
Registered: ‎12-04-2018
Location: US
Views: 242
Message 54 of 100

Re: What are the odds for Motorola to make the 4th gen Z family?

Why is the MotoZ3 thicker and wights more, then the first generation MotoZ?                                                                                                                

I would really like to see a Lighter and much thinner version of the MotoZ4

 

MotoZ 5.19 136g

MotoZ3 6.75 156g

pav1
Punch Card
Posts: 100
Registered: ‎09-09-2015
Location: US
Views: 237
Message 55 of 100

Re: What are the odds for Motorola to make the 4th gen Z family?


@Steve199 wrote:

Why is the MotoZ3 thicker and wights more, then the first generation MotoZ?                                                                                                                

I would really like to see a Lighter and much thinner version of the MotoZ4

 

MotoZ 5.19 136g

MotoZ3 6.75 156g


The Z3 has to be thicker to accommodate the side mounted fingerprint sensor. The Z3 also has a larger battery and screen - which makes it heavier by default. I have both a Z3 Play and a Moto Z.  I use the Moto Z as my daily driver with a Moto mod battery pack which makes the Z thicker and heavier (but about the same as a 1st gen Pixel).  The Z's built-in battery does not last long and without a battery mod it's useless (the Z is way too thin without it). 

I would respectfully disagree with asking for a thinner Z4 - especially if it results in a smaller battery.

 

Steve199
Punch Card
Posts: 16
Registered: ‎12-04-2018
Location: US
Views: 215
Message 56 of 100

Re: What are the odds for Motorola to make the 4th gen Z family?

To answer your argument I currently own two phones the Moto Z3 and the pixel 3XL,the pixel3 XL has a bigger screen and a bigger battery and is lighter and thinner than the Moto Z3.

 

Pixel 3XL 3430 mAh 

Weight 6.35oz

 

MotoZ3 3000 mAh

Weight 6.61oz

 

Covek
SCSI Port
Posts: 93
Registered: ‎07-10-2018
Location: GB
Views: 212
Message 57 of 100

Re: What are the odds for Motorola to make the 4th gen Z family?


@Steve199 wrote:

To answer your argument I currently own two phones the Moto Z3 and the pixel 3XL,the pixel3 XL has a bigger screen and a bigger battery and is lighter and thinner than the Moto Z3.

 

Pixel 3XL 3430 mAh 

Weight 6.35oz

 

MotoZ3 3000 mAh

Weight 6.61oz

 


Maybe the pin connectors weighing the Z3 down 🤣. It would be nice to find out the actual reason thought 😎.

pav1
Punch Card
Posts: 100
Registered: ‎09-09-2015
Location: US
Views: 207
Message 58 of 100

Re: What are the odds for Motorola to make the 4th gen Z family?


@Covek wrote:

@Steve199 wrote:

To answer your argument I currently own two phones the Moto Z3 and the pixel 3XL,the pixel3 XL has a bigger screen and a bigger battery and is lighter and thinner than the Moto Z3.

 

Pixel 3XL 3430 mAh 

Weight 6.35oz

 

MotoZ3 3000 mAh

Weight 6.61oz

 


Maybe the pin connectors weighing the Z3 down 🤣. It would be nice to find out the actual reason thought 😎.


Motorola USA was always known for building solid (heavy) phones that could take a beating.  Though the Z3 is mostly glass on the outside, the internals are probably more robust. IMHO nothing wrong with a heavier phone - especially if it's due to a more solid build quality.

The weight and size difference you're referring to is negligible and, to be honest, it's probably because the Z3 has more internal components than the Pixel 3 - for example; the extra camera lens and the expandable memory card interface in the Z3 (and YES, likely the internals to support Moto Mods).  TBH, I have never used "weight" as a deciding factor when purchasing my phones.

Steve199
Punch Card
Posts: 16
Registered: ‎12-04-2018
Location: US
Views: 195
Message 59 of 100

Re: What are the odds for Motorola to make the 4th gen Z family?

I have owned all three of the previous Moto z phones and I have noticed every year the phone is getting thicker and heavier in weight, and you will have to admit the first generation Moto z phone is a beautiful design phone, and I understand its shortcomings with the smaller battery.

But the whole concept of the original Moto z was a light and thin phone with mods. (The original Moto z is a beautiful phone)

pav1
Punch Card
Posts: 100
Registered: ‎09-09-2015
Location: US
Views: 187
Message 60 of 100

Re: What are the odds for Motorola to make the 4th gen Z family?


@Steve199 wrote:

I have owned all three of the previous Moto z phones and I have noticed every year the phone is getting thicker and heavier in weight, and you will have to admit the first generation Moto z phone is a beautiful design phone, and I understand its shortcomings with the smaller battery.

But the whole concept of the original Moto z was a light and thin phone with mods. (The original Moto z is a beautiful phone)


Totally agree with you regarding the Moto Z (except for that ridiculously tiny battery and NO headphone jack).  The Z2 Play dealt with these issues but was shortchanged by a horrible camera and a mid-tier processor.  The Z3, well, that whole thing just came across like an after thought (especially the Z3 Play). I've said this before in this thread: For 2019, Motorola needs to deliver solid hardware (for the Z line) at a competititve price to remain a relevant player in the mobile market. 

Top Kudoed Authors