Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Spawn_G4
Serial Port
Views: 4,665
Message 1 of 10

Z3 Android Pie update

Hey, I was wondering if there is a date set for the Android Pie update for Moto Z3? All I see is for the fall but no official date. I know Verizon has been known for being the last to do these updates but I was hoping someone might post the date here as soon it is released. Thank you.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 4,654
Message 2 of 10

Re: Z3 Android Pie update

@Spawn_G4 wrote:

Hey, I was wondering if there is a date set for the Android Pie update for Moto Z3? All I see is for the fall but no official date. I know Verizon has been known for being the last to do these updates but I was hoping someone might post the date here as soon it is released. Thank you.

Motorola doesn't provide dates, so there is no additional information. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 4,652
Message 3 of 10

Hi  Spawn_G4,

Thank you for your interest. We are working on the new Android 9.0 Pie code. Our goal is to get it right and make sure the phone performance is the best it can be. We'll share upgrade plans for our products and keep everyone posted on our software upgrade news page and the Motorola blog.

Here are the links:

https://support.motorola.com/us/en/softwareupgrade/countryselector
https://blog.motorola.com

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Spawn_G4
Serial Port
Views: 4,649
Message 4 of 10

Moto Z3 is not listed in this
Spawn_G4
Serial Port
Views: 4,647
Message 5 of 10

Thank you
Eric864
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,903
Message 6 of 10

Moto z3 Android pie update

Hey I've been wondering for a while if the z3 will get the Android p update? Are their any updates about the z3 getting it soon? Just wondering if the update is getting close.

C4berpl4y
Paper Tape
Views: 1,458
Message 7 of 10

Re: Moto z3 Android pie update

Its december now. Wheres my update? It was promised to release it in fall 2018.

Highlighted
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,448
Message 8 of 10

@C4berpl4y wrote:

Its december now. Wheres my update? It was promised to release it in fall 2018.

The blog says starting in the fall. Not which phones are first and no date promised for any model .

https://blog.motorola.com/2018/08/15/baked-android-pie-coming-motorola/

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
C4berpl4y
Paper Tape
Views: 1,320
Message 9 of 10

Of course you didnt provide any dates or info. Or people would complain that the delayed updates are, in fact, delayed? Smiley Surprisedoo

In fact, at the moment you could delay the android 9 update for months or even delete it completly for the moto z3 because, huh, spending ressources on ressources on updating? Pah! No of course not! Its okay, we all know the update will be released at the end of december. I had no hopes for motorola and my hopes are even more ruined now. 

Thanks for making my choice, to never buy a motorola device again, so easy Smiley Happy 

Thank you.

C4berpl4y
Paper Tape
Views: 579
Message 10 of 10

You guys know that its now December 2018 right? The blogpost states that the pie updates for various devicesdevic beginn in fall 2018.

We have the 13. of december today. Just a reminder. 18 days left for you Smiley Wink

I know the IT guys and the moderators here are not the ones to blame. I talk "directly" to the awesome project managers.

Also quote me on that;

Android Pie on Moto Z3 will probably not be released in 2018 Smiley Very Happy.

Top Kudoed Authors