Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
cabinetbob
Fanfold Paper
Views: 182
Message 1 of 5

Z3: Screen goes black & phone unresponsive on incoming calls. This is an intermittent

thats weird, I have or had the Z3, just got it 15 days ago but never pulled the clear protector off. Never had an issue. it finally came up so I had to take it off. However, day later my phone went blank. Returning it tomorrow.

Edit: Correct the phone model on the Title - Rich

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 158
Message 2 of 5

Re: Z3: Screen goes black & phone unresponsive on incoming calls. This is an intermittent

Hi cabinetbob,

Thanks for reporting. Can you share us what happened?  I'd like to help. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

cabinetbob
Fanfold Paper
Views: 124
Message 3 of 5

Re: Z3: Screen goes black & phone unresponsive on incoming calls. This is an intermittent

the phone got shipped back today. Screen died on me. I can feel it power on/off when holding the power button. No screen. None the less, it went back, I have a screen swipe for security. So, if they get picture, its locked unless the reset it. So, is this typical problem? I I had the Z2 play, for about a week. The problem happened on that phone but it was intermittent. Phone is useless if I cant use it. This is the second phone that went back. I read an article that Moto dropped the current chip set cos the Z2 & 3 were a flop. The new Z4 comes out in January with a different chip. Suppose to be a lot better.  Wish I had waited. 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 106
Message 4 of 5

Hi cabinetbob,

I'd like to help. I'd just like to clarify some things, were you able to boot up the phone now? I'm thinking if the phone is in deep discharged. Try charging the phone 1-2 hours before switching it back on. Also, I'm not getting what you meant by "if they get picture, its locked unless the reset it", please elaborate, to make sure we're on the same line. Thank you. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

cabinetbob
Fanfold Paper
Views: 44
Message 5 of 5

If they got a picture ( screen) the phone is locked. But that dont matter any more. I got my replacemnet last monday. Now today, few hours ago, it happened again. This time it slid off a chair. 16" up from the floor, it falls, now I have no screen, just green flash. No scrathes, no cracks, nothing, now the phone is usless again. Seriously, the phone drop 16" from the floor without falling apart? I dropped phones from a lot higher up on a parking lot and nothing happened to the phone. Takes a licking and kept on ticking. This one, little fall from a chair and its shot! Really, you guys cant build a phone thats a little tuff!!??  Withstand a little fall? As much as I liked my Moto beginning to think its just not worth it. If I get a case, I always keep my phone in a belt clip case except this one cos it has the battery mod. Well, nothing fits it. I cant put it in a belt clip case. Unless I dont use the battery mod. Whats the point of having it if I cant use it? So now I am sending this phone back tomorrow. Already have the fedx number. I have another phone but restoring the phone from the online back up does not restore my call logs and messgaes. This really sucks! I'm pretty disgusted . Had a Z2 force, same problem. Screen just died. Got a Z3, now this is number 2 Z3 and 1 Z2. Three different phones, same issue all in a 30 day period. Not good. Build a stronger phone. 

Top Kudoed Authors