03-18-2020

US

12 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 11 of 44

Re:Z3 random apps minimizing without (proper) input

2020-03-20, 12:00 PM
I am using the three button menu setup. I have tried the reboot method and visualizing touches for the last day. The problem is still occuring and I am not seeing random touches closing the apps.
Options

7 Posts

09-04-2017

US

17 Signins

90 Page Views

• Views: 90
  • Message 12 of 44

2020-03-22, 21:44 PM

So after using the touch visualizer for a few days, I did notice any spontaneous touch triggers when the minimization occurs. It is tricky because I'll be using an app typically and touching many times so it's hard to tell between a legitimate touch and anything to cause the minimizing. But I never notice anything near the navigation buttons so it's still curious. Of the times where the minimizing occurs and I don't touch it again, there does not appear to be any touch or drag trail from the minimizer to suggest any register on the screen to cause it. 

I used Safe Mode for about 24 hours. I did not get any minimizing at that time and the only thing amiss was a "Chrome stopped working" error once. This is tricky as well because with almost no apps to use I can't really monitor the normal behavior I am exhibiting on my phone usually. But I can't say it ever happened with the apps I could use and tried while in Safe Mode. But I did use it significantly less during that time. (Basically limited to browsing on Chrome on the mobile versions of webpages that normally have apps such as Facebook or Quora)

Options

10379 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1109 Signins

149508 Page Views

• Views: 149508
  • Message 13 of 44

2020-03-23, 13:48 PM

Hi Everyone,

While this is unusual, I would suggest doing full factory data reset without restoring apps and backup. We need to observe this behavior without any apps or files installed. Backup your important files just so you won't lose them.

Settings > System > Reset > Factory Data Reset

@Shadowkinesis,

I'd like to confirm, what test did you with the phone? Did you use a third-party application? Also, kindly try what I suggested on previously about enabling developer options > Show taps. 

Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

2 Posts

03-23-2020

US

3 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 14 of 44

2020-03-23, 18:27 PM
I'm having the same problem since the latest Z3 update. The prospect of a factory reset doesn't thrill me, esp since I'm not convinced that will fix the problem. Seems pretty obvious it's related to the update and will still be a problem until the update is fixed. Or am I wrong?
Options

10379 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1109 Signins

149508 Page Views

• Message 15 of 44

2020-03-24, 14:12 PM

Hi Everyone,

It is essential to perform factory data reset so we can isolate this. Also, please update your profile with the current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > System > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your check-in data to see if they are a source of problems.

See here for the instruction. 

Also, does this happen if the phone is just sitting on a table or only when holding? When this happen, is the phone connected to a charger?

Let me know. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

10 Posts

03-26-2020

US

9 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 16 of 44

2020-03-26, 14:36 PM
It happens whether it is being held, touched, or left alone completely untouched, and it happens during both charging and not charging. It occurs roughly 3-5 times an hour, at completely random times, and it's a major pain... I play competitively in a specific mobile game, and my z3 is the only device I own, and I'll constantly be sent back to my home screen over and over again, and every time I get sent back to the home screen, I get disconnected from the game, and I have already lost out on a LOT of things that I'll never have the chance to obtain or accomplish again because of this,.and there's nothing I can do about it, and now you guys expect us to wipe EVERYTHING and start over new, with not even a slight certainty that this will fix this incredibly irritating and frustrating problem???? Look, this is, WITHOUT A DOUBT, 100%!! A problem brought on by an error in the update. 100% for certain. All of us started having this issue after the security OTA patch was pushed out to our devices, and not a single moment before.
Options

10 Posts

03-26-2020

US

9 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 17 of 44

2020-03-26, 14:52 PM
I also updated my profile info with my device information, and I give you permission to look all you'd like, Im as eager for a solution to this as anyone, so please, whatever I can do to help.
Options

11 Posts

11-23-2012

US

34 Signins

588 Page Views

• Views: 588
  • Message 18 of 44

2020-03-26, 21:51 PM
Happening to me too. Random apps especially best fiends but also Facebook Cincinnati enquirer, Chrome. Happened immediately after last update. Cleared cache for all apps, updated all apps, no change. Am using the big 1 button ay bottom navigation. No desire to perform factory reset either, this is annoying but less annoying than getting all my data back. My phone info is updated in the forum profile.
Options

10379 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1109 Signins

149508 Page Views

• Message 19 of 44

2020-03-27, 12:46 PM

Hi Everyone,

I know I asked this on my early post. Can you please make sure all apps are up to date in Play Store? Once made sure all apps are up to date, observe if you'll encounter the same behavior; Take note of the app and check if it has an update in Play Store. Let me know. Thanks.

Additional:

I appreciate all of you for keeping up with me. Our teams would like to further investigate this. When you encountered this again, can you please generate a bug report so I can share it with my teams?

To capture Bug Report:
Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
Once the issue is reproduced: Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the BugReport via private message.
Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the local time when you observed the behavior. 

To enable developer options: 
1. Go to Settings > About phone > Build number 
2. Tap Build number seven times. After the first few taps, you should see the steps counting down until you unlock the developer options. Once activated, you will see a message that reads, “You are now a developer!”
3. Go back to Settings, where you’ll find a Developer options entry in the menu

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Options

2 Posts

03-23-2020

US

3 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 20 of 44

2020-03-27, 20:58 PM
Updated all my apps. Still happening.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete