Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 198
Message 11 of 13

Re: Android OS draining battery on Z4

Good to hear that things are getting better.  Have you turned Google Account sync back on to make sure those are not causing the high battery use also?

~Scott
Nicky7
Paper Tape
Views: 167
Message 12 of 13

Scott,

It looks like my battery drain issue re-surfaced last night.  The battery lost half its life overnight and like before the "Android OS" process appears to be the culprit.  Upon drilling down into this process, it is consuming 0%, so it appears we have a new "phantom menace" like the Coogle cloud backup.  Any ideas where I can check?  I just ran through all of the settings and nothing appeared to be obvious.

Nick

sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 144
Message 13 of 13

Sorry to hear that.  Other than a factory reset, I'm not sure what else to say.  All I know about Android OS high battery usage is what I posted earlier:

Android OS (and Android System) high battery usage is mostly caused by some app or function continuously running in the background.  And as strange it sounds, the app which is actually responsible usually does not appear in the battery stats list. This is because when the app needs your device location it will ask Android System for information, and if this is not running correctly: high battery consumption. Often, this app keeps waking the device in the background.

It could be something trying to sync and not syncing correctly, it could be an app constantly requesting the device location, it could be so many different things... running in the background causing Android OS to use so much battery.  I know that no one likes to hear (or read) the dreaded factory reset suggestion.  But sometimes you have to consider:  how much time have you spent tinkering with the phone trying to "fix" the current problem?  How much time will you have to continue tinkering with the phone, troubleshooting, adjusting settings, restarting, etc. to try & "fix" the current problem?  If that amount of time is more than it takes to setup a phone as new....then that might be the next logical step.  That's what I would do if it was my phone.  I would backup all my personal data, music, pics, etc. to somehwere safe (an SD card, Google Drive, Dropbox, a computer, a hard drive, etc.).  Then I would fgactory reset my phone.  I would not restore from any backup, I would set it up as new.  I would not let anything download automatically and not let any apps auto-download.  I would start with the bare bones phone, adjust Settings and things that I normally setup.  Then I would only install the most essential Play Store apps that i had to have; installing none would be best at this mpoint, but a few might be essential.  Then I would charge to 100% and observe for a day of normal usage.  If the battery usage seems OK at that point I would start adding my normal Play Store apps and see what happens.  Again....that's just what I would do if it were my phone. 

Maybe someone esle has some better information about how to stop Android OS from using all that battery?

~Scott

And We're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Top Kudoed Authors