Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto Z Phones - Mod CapableMoto Z4
All Forum Topics
Options

3764 Posts

04-04-2013

United States of America

2725 Signins

25655 Page Views

• Views: 25655
  • Message 61 of 63

Re: Driving Mode on Moto Z4?

2019-12-30, 21:39 PM

And so much for Google's announcement that they would have the new Assistant Driving Mode rolled out by Summer 2019.  We are almost into 2020 and still no dedicated Assistant Driving Mode.  I bet that was a big part of the decision to remove Talk To Me....since Google was supposed to be making a generic Android driving mode for everyone.  Bummer Google....just a bummer.

~Scott
Options

19 Posts

07-29-2015

United States of America

31 Signins

469 Page Views

• Views: 469
  • Message 62 of 63

2020-01-22, 16:20 PM

OK, I found what I believe is a suitable replacement for Moto Voice's Driving mode.

***Disclaimer:  I have no affiliation whatsoever with the company that produces this app, cannout vouch for its security or safety, and my recommnadations for anything in life should be evaluated with great care aas they may be completely stupid. Any har that befalls you or anyone from following my recommendations is entirely your responsibility.****

I tried a couple and the one I like best is Drive-Mode.  It has some quirks, but it also does more than the original Moto feature did.  It's free, unless you want to remove the small tag (advertising the app) that it adds to the end of your dictated text messages. that is a whopping $2.99US, and to me it's worth it.

Unlike the original Moto feature, Drive-Mode can also can handle messages from other apps like Slack. I have found this to be very useful.  Since it's free to try, and you don't have to pay unless you want to remove the text message tag, I figured it's worth a shot.

Options

3764 Posts

04-04-2013

United States of America

2725 Signins

25655 Page Views

• Views: 25655
  • Message 63 of 63

2020-01-22, 17:07 PM

We have quite a few posts about Drivemode earlier in this thread.  It's OK, works good enough.  But Google Assistant also started reading texts recently so that's also a step in the right direction from Google.  Still no dedicated Android Assistant driving Mode, but between Assistant reading texts again after being broken for a year, and the Drivemode app....they are OK.  I still wish Moto would bring back Talk To Me.  But I'm sure they won't at this point.

~Scott
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms