Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Robot113
Punch Card
Views: 345
Message 1 of 8

Fingerprint

Hello everyone!

Is fingerprint on moto Z4 ultrasonic fingerprint reader?

AstroNoot
Fanfold Paper
Views: 327
Message 2 of 8

Re: Fingerprint

Nope,it's an optical one,not ultrasonic. So,careful with the scratches on that screen Smiley Happy
sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 267
Message 3 of 8

It's a Gorilla Glass screen, not Shattershield, so it should not scratch very easily.
~Scott
AstroNoot
Fanfold Paper
Views: 262
Message 4 of 8

But no one says you can't do it Smiley Happy

jamieay1
SCSI Port
Views: 205
Message 5 of 8

Anyone else with a tempered glass screen protector having fingerprint reader problems? I can't tell if it's the screen protector, or if the fingerprint reader is just cranky. 

sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 203
Message 6 of 8

How did it work before you installed the screen protector?  Just as an FYI....other manufacturers with in screen fingerprint scanners have claimed that glass screen protectors don't work but plastic does.  Just something to consider.  Did you ask the glass protector manufacturer if their protectors are compatible with in screen fingerprint scanners?

~Scott
jamieay1
SCSI Port
Views: 201
Message 7 of 8

Honestly, I didn't even try before the screen protector - I put it on right away (kinda paranoid). Maybe I'll order a different kit. I can't find any tempered glass protectors that say they're compatible with optical fingerprint sensors. 

jamie

Highlighted
sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 151
Message 8 of 8

Since the Z4 has Gorilla Glass I am using mine with no screen protector and have not had any issues with the FPS.  It's been fast & responsive every time I have used it since setting it up.  I'm not sure why it has received such horrible reviews by tech reviewers, it is working fine for me so far.

~Scott
Top Kudoed Authors