Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rdbuchmann
Blue Screen Again
Views: 223
Message 1 of 5

JBL Soundboost and Moto Z4: Cannot change call volume

When I install the JBL Soundboost mod (the one with the red kickstand) to my Moto Z4 and initiate a call with the speaker on, the call volume is extremely loud.  When I attempt to reduce the call volume using the side buttons, nothing happens.  It does not go down (this mod worked perfectly with my Moto Z2 Force). During a call, I will access Settings > Sound and try all of the different volume settings, but none of them change the call volume on the JBL speaker.  I have tried resetting the mod (holding the battery button on the speaker for 10 seconds) and resetting from Settings > Connected Devices > Moto Mods > About this Mod > Restart Moto Mod.  No joy, the call volume cannot be changed during the call.  The JBL Soundboost app will not load with the mod installed, so I cannot rely on that to do anything.  The current version of the mod software is 0.57.  The Moto Mods Manager software version is 02.08.031.  The Moto Mods platform version is 2.81.  The Moto Z4 is currently up-to-date on Android V9, version PDF29.105-25-11 on the Verizon Network.

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 189
Message 2 of 5

Re: JBL Soundboost and Moto Z4: Cannot change call volume

@rdbuchmann wrote:

When I install the JBL Soundboost mod (the one with the red kickstand) to my Moto Z4 and initiate a call with the speaker on, the call volume is extremely loud.  When I attempt to reduce the call volume using the side buttons, nothing happens.  It does not go down (this mod worked perfectly with my Moto Z2 Force). During a call, I will access Settings > Sound and try all of the different volume settings, but none of them change the call volume on the JBL speaker.  I have tried resetting the mod (holding the battery button on the speaker for 10 seconds) and resetting from Settings > Connected Devices > Moto Mods > About this Mod > Restart Moto Mod.  No joy, the call volume cannot be changed during the call.  The JBL Soundboost app will not load with the mod installed, so I cannot rely on that to do anything.  The current version of the mod software is 0.57.  The Moto Mods Manager software version is 02.08.031.  The Moto Mods platform version is 2.81.  The Moto Z4 is currently up-to-date on Android V9, version PDF29.105-25-11 on the Verizon Network.

Hi.

Sorry for the delayed reply. We are going to test this but right now having a problem getting these two devices in the same room. Thanks for your patience!

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Highlighted
Misterpage
Paper Tape
Views: 111
Message 3 of 5

Hi Matt,

Were you able to recreate this problem? It is happening to my Moto Z4 too and it's really annoying.

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 86
Message 4 of 5

@Misterpage wrote:

Hi Matt,

Were you able to recreate this problem? It is happening to my Moto Z4 too and it's really annoying.

Hi.

We've reported it and the product team is investigating. Thanks.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Misterpage
Paper Tape
Views: 48
Message 5 of 5

OK thanks Matt. If it's helpful I can record a video of it happening and upload it.

Regards,

Greg

Top Kudoed Authors