Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
sajokaz
Not applicable
Views: 91
Message 1 of 3

Launcher Question - Folder Shape

I have a question about the folder shape on the stock Launcher.  If you make a folder on a home screen and then change the app icon shape, the app icons inside the folder do change shape based on the Home settings (Square, Squircle, Teardrop, etc.).  But the folder always retains the default circular shape.  Should the folder change shape to match the icon shape, or is it supposed to always be circular?  See the screenshot below, square app icons inside a circular folder shape.  I'm not sure if this is intended functionality or a bug with the Launcher / Android.  This is not critical, just my curiosity.  Thanks.

Screenshot_20190712-101135.png

~Scott
Agent_Rich
Not applicable
Views: 83
Message 2 of 3

Re: Launcher Question - Folder Shape

Hi sajokaz,

Interesting, I just tested this on my G7 (Pie) and G6 (Oreo), I was able to replicate the same results as yours. I don't think it's a bug. More like part of the stock launcher feature. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

sajokaz
Not applicable
Views: 57
Message 3 of 3

Re: Launcher Question - Folder Shape

Thanks Rich.  I never noticed this before, just kind of assumed that the app folder would change shape to match the app icon shape.  It's not big deal to me that it doesn't, I don't consider it an issue; just something I was curious about.  I figured I would ask here in case someone else notices it also.  Thanks again.

~Scott
Top Kudoed Authors