10-24-2019

US

7 Signins

49 Page Views

• Views: 49
  • Message 1 of 18

Moto Z4 Unlocked - still on April Update

2019-10-24, 21:01 PM

I purchased my unlocked Z4 in August. I'm in the US on T-Mobile and I have yet to receive a single update. My phone is still on the April update, every time I check, it says it's on the most recent update. I registered my device the day I received it. Any reason why I haven't had an update? When can I expect them? 

Options

2884 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

385 Signins

26900 Page Views

• Views: 26900
  • Message 2 of 18

Re: Moto Z4 Unlocked - still on April Update

2019-10-25, 5:59 AM

wrote:

I purchased my unlocked Z4 in August. I'm in the US on T-Mobile and I have yet to receive a single update. My phone is still on the April update, every time I check, it says it's on the most recent update. I registered my device the day I received it. Any reason why I haven't had an update? When can I expect them? 

Hi,

Thanks for posting, this product is scheduled to continue to receive security updates. You will be notified once it's there, however, allow me some time to check when was the last update rolled out.

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

1043 Posts

04-27-2011

US

169 Signins

2764 Page Views

• Views: 2764
  • Message 3 of 18

2019-10-25, 12:22 PM

If you want timely updates, get yourself a Pixel phone.

Options

3764 Posts

04-04-2013

US

2718 Signins

25605 Page Views

• Views: 25605
  • Message 4 of 18

2019-10-25, 12:28 PM

wrote:

There have been 2 updates recently that users have mentioned on here.  We all received the August monthly security patch and then the unlocked model got another update in September (the Verizon model has not received the September update yet).  Hopefully one of the Moto Agents can look into this for you and offer some advice.  

~Scott
Options

2884 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

385 Signins

26900 Page Views

• Message 5 of 18

2019-10-31, 4:59 AM

wrote:

Hi Zollars23,

I would like to inform you that for unclocked devices, you may or may not receive the updates. We cannot guarantee it.

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

4 Posts

10-24-2019

US

7 Signins

49 Page Views

• Views: 49
  • Message 6 of 18

2019-10-31, 5:16 AM

That is absolutely unacceptable and a violation of the Android Enterprise Certification, which this phone has been certified. Per the guidelines, in order for the device to become Android Enterprise Recommended, it must receive security updates within 90 days of release by Google for a minimum of 3 years.

That is false advertising and potentially subject to a potential class-action lawsuit as well as action from Google. 

Now, how do I upgrade my Z4. 

Options

3764 Posts

04-04-2013

US

2718 Signins

25605 Page Views

• Message 7 of 18

2019-10-31, 13:10 PM

wrote:

wrote:

Hi Zollars23,

I would like to inform you that for unclocked devices, you may or may not receive the updates. We cannot guarantee it.

Regards,

Suman

I think most of us understand that concept Suman.  But all other Unlocked Moto Z4's have been receiving regular updates, including a very recent security patch update.  I think the question is:  why did his (or her) particular phone stop receiving updates when all other Unlocked Moto Z4's are receiving updates.

~Scott
Options

3764 Posts

04-04-2013

US

2718 Signins

25605 Page Views

• Message 8 of 18

2019-10-31, 13:12 PM

wrote:

That is absolutely unacceptable and a violation of the Android Enterprise Certification, which this phone has been certified. Per the guidelines, in order for the device to become Android Enterprise Recommended, it must receive security updates within 90 days of release by Google for a minimum of 3 years.

That is false advertising and potentially subject to a potential class-action lawsuit as well as action from Google. 

Now, how do I upgrade my Z4. 

Other users with Unlocked Z4's are still receiving updates, so I don't think this has anything to do with "Unlocked phones in general may or may not....".  Users have posted on here that their Unlocked Z4's are a month ahead of the Verizon model with security updates.  I'm not sure why your specific phone is not downloading them.

~Scott
Options

1 Posts

11-04-2019

US

5 Signins

76 Page Views

• Views: 76
  • Message 9 of 18

2019-11-04, 22:49 PM
I had the same problem. All you have to do is take out your sim card and connect to WiFi. Clear Google framework and services in app settings. Then restart your device without the sim. Check for updates and you will receive them all.
Options

2884 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

385 Signins

26900 Page Views

• Message 10 of 18

2019-11-08, 15:09 PM

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

Hi Zollars23,

Regards,

Suman

I think most of us understand that concept Suman.  But all other Unlocked Moto Z4's have been receiving regular updates, including a very recent security patch update.  I think the question is:  why did his (or her) particular phone stop receiving updates when all other Unlocked Moto Z4's are receiving updates.

Hi sajokaz,

It's a very difficult question to answer. Anytime a device is unlocked it triggers itself as not eligible for updates. What happens with an unlocked device is beyond our scope and control. 

Regards,

Suman

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete