11-25-2019

United States of America

4 Signins

109 Page Views

• Views: 109
  • Message 1 of 6

Moto z4 screen won't turn on immediately when I press power button

2019-11-25, 7:04 AM

I bought my moto z4 about 5 months ago and I've had this problem for the entire life of the phone. Often when I press the power button, it does not turn on immediately. Rather, it takes up to 10 or 15 seconds of blackness before turning on. This can get rather annoying in situations where I need my phone open immediately. Is there a fix for this? 

Options

12039 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1196 Signins

162455 Page Views

• Views: 162455
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: Moto z4 screen won't turn on immediately when I press power button

2019-11-26, 21:41 PM

Hi Braedan64,

Thanks for posting. That shouldn't happen, let's try isolating this. Did you restore your apps/back up from your previous phone to your Moto Z4? Can you please check if this will happen in safe mode?

To Enable Safe Mode
1. Press and hold the Power button until Power off comes up on the screen.
2. Touch and HOLD Power off on the screen until reboot to safe mode appears.
Just turn off and on the phone to boot back to normal mode.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

4 Posts

11-25-2019

United States of America

4 Signins

109 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

2019-11-27, 16:11 PM

I did not restore my apps or back up from my previous phone, which was a moto Z2 force if that matters. 

I did test it in safe mode and there were several instances where the same issue would occur. It may not be relevant but it's worth noting that my Z4 has never been able to install a system update over the internet. I have only ever been able to update it using the desktop update tool. 

My gut feeling says it's a hardware issue but I'm not sure. Any help is appreciated!

Options

12039 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1196 Signins

162455 Page Views

• Message 4 of 6

2019-11-27, 22:12 PM

Hi Braedan64,

We can consider the hardware as one of the factors. But let me dig into this further, can you please update your profile with the current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > System > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

See here for the instruction. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

4 Posts

11-25-2019

United States of America

4 Signins

109 Page Views

• Message 5 of 6

2019-11-27, 22:52 PM

My Motorola privacy settings are turned on and I have updated my profile with my phones information. I hope we can find the issue soon! 

Options

12039 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1196 Signins

162455 Page Views

• Message 6 of 6

2019-11-29, 14:55 PM

Hi Braedan64,

Thanks for your reply. I checked this and the only app I saw crashing most of the time is the Pokemon Go. If you have an SD card I recommend removing it for the meantime, lower the screen brightness and make sure all apps are up to date in Play Store. Uninstall Pokemon go just to test if there would be an improvement. Let me know. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms