10-01-2018

US

4 Signins

24 Page Views

• Views: 24
  • Message 1 of 3

No choice of ringtones for various devices

2020-06-29, 7:59 AM

Cant find any results in google search for this. Could someone please help. 

OS is running Android 8 Oreo, using MS Launcher. Since recent updates no longer allow a different ringtone to be selected for different devices. Where I've previously set a ringtone, I can't change it anymore by pressing 'ringtone' in the settings of the device -> notifications -> ringtone would simply take me to the app's Android settings page where all it allows is to activate or disable ringtone, it doesn't take me to the ringtone list like it used to.

The only ringtone that sounds is now also the global one set in Android settings for any notification that appears in Android settings on the lock screen. I can change that global one anyway. No other ringtone plays although I can see a few months ago different ones that I set. It seems that ringtones started playing from around 3 or 4 weeks ago.

I have enabled auto-updates. I know that Android Oreo took over all the ringtone control, but it was possible to set and play various device ringtones until recently. Forced to have a single ringtone sound for all notifications and only for notifications that appear on the lock screen, its totally stupid and useless.

Options

836 Posts

02-20-2009

US

1013 Signins

6106 Page Views

• Views: 6106
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:No choice of ringtones for various devices

2020-06-29, 10:19 AM

The unlocked Moto Z4 shipped with Android 9. How are you running 8?

Options

1777 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

299 Signins

18489 Page Views

• Views: 18489
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:No choice of ringtones for various devices

2020-06-30, 13:20 PM

@ bellacampen wrote:

Cant find any results in google search for this. Could someone please help. 

OS is running Android 8 Oreo, using MS Launcher. Since recent updates no longer allow a different ringtone to be selected for different devices. Where I've previously set a ringtone, I can't change it anymore by pressing 'ringtone' in the settings of the device -> notifications -> ringtone would simply take me to the app's Android settings page where all it allows is to activate or disable ringtone, it doesn't take me to the ringtone list like it used to.

The only ringtone that sounds is now also the global one set in Android settings for any notification that appears in Android settings on the lock screen. I can change that global one anyway. No other ringtone plays although I can see a few months ago different ones that I set. It seems that ringtones started playing from around 3 or 4 weeks ago.

I have enabled auto-updates. I know that Android Oreo took over all the ringtone control, but it was possible to set and play various device ringtones until recently. Forced to have a single ringtone sound for all notifications and only for notifications that appear on the lock screen, its totally stupid and useless.

Hi,

Yes, please confirm your device model for further assistance. 

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete