Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto Z Phones - Mod CapableMoto Z4
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

06-15-2021

United States of America

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 2

Old z4

2021-06-15, 20:26 PM

What the ***removed*** is the secrecy around z series and their support for mods?!  z4 comes with Android 10 and Motorola would not upgrade it to 11, while i have a work app which requires it.  So i go to my vendor - Verizon and ask for a new device that will work with over $500 in mods i bought over the years, just to be told there none...   so what the ***removed***?!

***Admin removed. Do not use implied vulgarity. Review community guidelines here: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Moto-Owners-Forum-Site-Rules/td-p/3269704***

Options

6880 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3414 Signins

86226 Page Views

• Views: 86226
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Old z4

2021-06-16, 14:42 PM

@ Jeka! wrote:

What the ***removed*** is the secrecy around z series and their support for mods?!  z4 comes with Android 10 and Motorola would not upgrade it to 11, while i have a work app which requires it.  So i go to my vendor - Verizon and ask for a new device that will work with over $500 in mods i bought over the years, just to be told there none...   so what the ***removed***?!

***Admin removed. Do not use implied vulgarity. Review community guidelines here: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Moto-Owners-Forum-Site-Rules/td-p/3269704***

Hello and thanks for posting. There is no secrecy. When we announced the first line of Moto Z phones we committed to 3 years of support for the mod platform. We actually exceeded that with 4 years of support for the Moto Z line. The Moto Z4 was the last model in the Moto Z Family. I hope you understand. As for Android 11. What app are you trying to run that isn't compatible? Is it available on the Playstore or only through your work? I can't guarantee that we can help with 3rd party app compatibility, but we'll do our best to assist however we can.

Thanks,

Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms