Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto Z Phones - Mod CapableMoto Z4
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

12-10-2018

United States of America

41 Signins

84 Page Views

• Views: 84
  • Message 1 of 3

Screen is almost completely black on Moto Z4

2021-08-30, 18:43 PM

I'd like to connect my phone to my computer, as I've done in the past, via USB. Unfortunately, I can't unlock my phone because the screen is black.

When I connect my phone via USB nothing happens - How can I unlock my Moto Z4 if I'm unable to view the screen? Also, I've had Motorolas for 2 decades now, and other various gizmos & gadgets....I just ordered a Samsung Galaxy S21 5G, which will be shipped on sept 07. I can't afford any more wasted time with Motorola's nonsense- I've wasted countless hours fooling with forums, and calling numbers, Clearly there's a decline, and I have a pile of unworking almost new items, which never worked - mods purchased for this phone, I also have the Z2, which surprisingly is a better phone - too bad for Motorola. They're not going to miss me because there will always be uneducated consumers - Is there a way to unlock my phone remotely, I know my password

Options

1990 Posts

11-24-2020

India

209 Signins

22015 Page Views

• Views: 22015
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:Screen is almost completely black on Moto Z4

2021-08-31, 8:24 AM

@ goodsam77 wrote:

I'd like to connect my phone to my computer, as I've done in the past, via USB. Unfortunately, I can't unlock my phone because the screen is black.

When I connect my phone via USB nothing happens - How can I unlock my Moto Z4 if I'm unable to view the screen? Also, I've had Motorolas for 2 decades now, and other various gizmos & gadgets....I just ordered a Samsung Galaxy S21 5G, which will be shipped on sept 07. I can't afford any more wasted time with Motorola's nonsense- I've wasted countless hours fooling with forums, and calling numbers, Clearly there's a decline, and I have a pile of unworking almost new items, which never worked - mods purchased for this phone, I also have the Z2, which surprisingly is a better phone - too bad for Motorola. They're not going to miss me because there will always be uneducated consumers - Is there a way to unlock my phone remotely, I know my password

Hi, 

Thanks for writing to us. Sorry to hear you are facing screen problems. I will do my best to help you with this. I’m really sorry to say, we do not have any other option to unlock the phone if you are unable to access it. However, I would suggest you try force rebooting the phone by removing SIM and SD card if you have inserted them and see if that helps.  Press and hold the power button for 20 -30 seconds to force reboot the phone. 

Let me know how it goes after performing the above instructions. 

Thanks

Sunitha

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

216 Posts

03-20-2017

United States of America

619 Signins

9944 Page Views

• Views: 9944
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:Screen is almost completely black on Moto Z4

2021-09-15, 2:09 AM

You can unlock your phone using a USB keyboard and typing in your password or pin. You might need a USB-A to USB-C adapter for that. Once your phone is unlocked you can attach it to your PC is you have previously allowed USB debugging and then you can do other things with it. You need to remember that once the phone boots up it will need you to swipe up to get the unlock screen (pin or password). Bad screens can happen to any android phone and setting up your PC with debugging permissions is one way to handle it until you can get your screen fixed.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms