Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
grantsayshi
Paper Tape
Views: 307
Message 1 of 15

Spectrum WiFi

I picked up a Z4 on Thursday and have spent the last two days on the phone between Motorola and Spectrum trying to figure out why my phone will connect to other networks but will not connect to my home Specturm WiFi.  I tried countless things as asked between Motorola and Spectrum.  The last step Motorola had me do was have Spectrum enter the MAC and IP address directly into the system.  That did not work either.

I returned the phone and am waiting to hear if others have this issue.  Motorola service is frustrating to work with.  Spectrum was actually very good to work with.

I have a Z2 Play and I loved the Z4 except for the fact that I couldn't get on WiFi.  I was not given the option for Motorola to exchange the phone and the place I returned it to did not have others in stock.

I think I will consider the Pixel 3a only because of the terrible feeling that the Motorola service left me with.  I would prefer the Z4 but service does count for something.  This was my 4th Motorola phone and actually the only time I had an issue.

sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 304
Message 2 of 15

Re: Spectrum WiFi

Sorry that hear about that.  That's very odd.  I also have Charter Spectrum as my home internet & wireless.  If I do get a Z4 this week I definitely need it to connect so I can manage all my Google Home products.  That's the only time I use WiFi on my phones, but definitely need it to perform all those Home app functions.

~Scott
Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 226
Message 3 of 15

Even though you've returned the phone already, I'd like to look into this further. Can you please provide me the following router information:

Make:

Model:

Security type used:

I'd like to use this information so we can test on our end.

-Tom

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
MCN1SMO
Punch Card
Views: 220
Message 4 of 15

I just got my Z4 in the mail and it will also not connect to my Spectrum Wi fi.  My Z3 connects perfectly

sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 215
Message 5 of 15

@MCN1SMO wrote:

I just got my Z4 in the mail and it will also not connect to my Spectrum Wi fi.  My Z3 connects perfectly

Did you see the previous post from Moto Tom asking about equipment make & model?  

~Scott
Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 214
Message 6 of 15

@MCN1SMO wrote:

Can you please provide the following info?

Router make/model/security used? Also can you please provide a Bug Report with Wifi Verbose Enabled.

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go into the developer options mode]
2. After the above steps, Developer options will be enabled.
3. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable Usb debugging > Toggle On
4. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
5. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Wi-Fi Verbose Logging > Toggle On
6. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
7. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
8. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the BugReport on the forums in a reply or via a private message.
9. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.

-Tom

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
grantsayshi
Paper Tape
Views: 209
Message 7 of 15

Hello Tom:

It is a Technicolor model TC8717T.  Security is WPA2-Personal.  I purchased it through BestBuy so I needed to return it timely.  If there is a chance you can get this worked out soon I would be happy to wait.  I have always enjoyed Moto phones. I spoke with three different Level 2 and 3 technicians.  None of them seemed interested at all in the possibility that this was a problem on more than my phone.  They were convinced it was Spectrum since my other Moto phone, Z2 Play, would sign on without problems.  And the Moto Z4 would sign onto other networks as well.

Thanks,

Grant

MCN1SMO
Punch Card
Views: 204
Message 8 of 15

this is the same model I have too.    motorola customer service told me I must be entering my password in incorrectly.   I have my moto Z3 and my Z2 force on my desk right now both on the Wi fi without issue

MCN1SMO
Punch Card
Views: 203
Message 9 of 15

I sent you a report.  

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TK9b-dcHky4PSSBYWr7V1K0D5C8J3Ygz/view?usp=sharing

I spoke to spectrum for about 45 mins on the phone very helpful and we did multiple resets  and reboots of the modem. she also entered in the MAC address of the Z4 directly and like posted before that also did not work.   while doing this the Z3 and Z2 force both connected effortlessly  and the Z4 jumped right on my verizon hotspot no isses

I am at a loss here ive had my device about 2 hours now and am debating having to return it already. I do not want to do that so any help would be appreciated.   

MCN1SMO
Punch Card
Views: 166
Message 10 of 15

Ive even tried the WPS Pin and push button opens on the phone with the spectrum router and it says  WPS succeeded then nothing happens.

my brother has spectrum also and it connects to his fine but not my model router.. so its in the communication with my spectrum router.  however  I  cant stress this enough my Z3 Z2 force and girlfriends Z2 all connect  no issues

I cant even download the google play updates to get up and running on this phone 

Top Kudoed Authors