Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto Z Phones - Mod CapableMoto Z4
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

04-06-2021

Angola

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 3

Thinking about getting a moto Z4

2021-04-06, 11:21 AM

Like the title says, I'm considering the Moto z4, the S10+, or the note 9. I wanna know what some owners of a z4 think. Alot of reviews I've been seeing say some not very nice things about it, and I figured they may not have spent quite enough time with it.

So here's what I'm asking.

1. What's the media experience like? (Movies, games, etc. This is priority 1, for me, anyway.)

2. Is it worth it if I don't already own any mods? I've been eyeing a few (gamepad, projector, and speaker mostly.) And if I can get one at purchase, I just think it's a pretty cool gimmick.

3. What's the general use like? Is it user friendly?

4. Customization. How deep does it go? Is it like Samsung who has themes? What can you change?

Like I said, I just wanted some perspective. I got off of Samsung and went to Google, and thinking about going back to Samsung, but I wanna know if this is a better option. I a budget conscious, but open to opinions. Thanks guys!

https://19216811.cam/ https://1921681001.id/
Options

184 Posts

08-11-2010

United States of America

464 Signins

8185 Page Views

• Views: 8185
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:Thinking about getting a moto Z4

2021-04-06, 14:15 PM

Why in God's name would you consider the Z4 which is an unsupported phone, with cancelled OS updates, and new mods are hard to come by?  Sure you can gamble with used stuff of Ebay, but here again it's a crap shot.

Lenovo has completely washed their hands of this phone, so why would you even consider it?  You'd be very disappointed.

Options

191 Posts

03-20-2017

United States of America

575 Signins

9469 Page Views

• Views: 9469
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:Thinking about getting a moto Z4

2021-04-06, 14:17 PM

The decision to get a phone is a highly subjective one. The Z4 is the last of the moto mod-capable phones and it is nearly 2 years old. It wasn't released with a top level processor as well so it might not be the best gaming choice. Some design choices were made to allow for the mods so it doesn't have stereo speakers (but there are many stereo speaker mods). It doesn't have the best camera (but there are camera mods). It supports an active pen (same as the Surface Duo) so you can use it for note taking but you need to add the software you would want and buy a pen separately. It might be out of warranty most places so that is another thing to consider. (It was only released in North America so you'd have to realize that limitation as well.)

I enjoy the Z4 and due to the mods it gives it everything I need and as such I can continue using it even when I upgrade to a newer phone with 5G in the future. There is a developer option to Simulate Color Space which is rudimentary theming but most customizations can be done by 3rd party apps. There are many people here who can give you their experience with the phone. Good luck with whatever decision you make.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)