Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LNXGUY
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 199
Message 1 of 4

Transfer everything from Z3 to Z4?

Any tricks to trasferring all my apps, data and files from my Z3 to my Z4?

The move from the Z2 to the Z3 was a trainwreck...

Highlighted
sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 191
Message 2 of 4

Re: Transfer everything from Z3 to Z4?

It will be another train wreck if you do the same with your new Z4.  The Android restore from backup process doesn't seem to work very well, and there have been numerous posts with issues after using it.  For the best results, setup the phone as new.  Manually adjust Settings, and manually install apps from the Play Store.  It does take longer initially, but we'll well worth it in the long run.

~Scott
Porphyrius
Bit Torrent
Views: 154
Message 3 of 4

@LNXGUY wrote:

Any tricks to trasferring all my apps, data and files from my Z3 to my Z4?

The move from the Z2 to the Z3 was a trainwreck...

I agree with the other poster about the Automatic restore.I use a Backup and Restore app but make sure all my Google stuff is ,"Synced" and the same with WhatsApp chats. Some apps like WhatsApp have online Sync options to backup and my little Notepad app called,"Colornote" so all the info gets reloaded once you move.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobi.infolife.appbackup&hl=en_GB

I save my apps to my SD card and then reload them after a move or Factory Reset . Some apps won't install this way but usually over 95% do IME. I only have a small Data allowance on my phone but do have Home WiFi but this saves using a lot of download Data.

Tip:

Once you have set the phone up do a,"Soft Reset" e.g hold the power Button in until the phone restarts.This emulates taking the Battery out and can clear temp data in the RAM to make sure there's no old Data to trip the new start Smiley Happy

HTH Smiley Happy

speters
Token Ring
Views: 136
Message 4 of 4

I have found using the LMSA (Lenovo Motorola Smart Assistant) PC app allowed me to make backups of apps and export call logs and SMS without much of a problem. I agree with a fresh install of Google apps when migrating.

Top Kudoed Authors