Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BigBadWulf
SCSI Port
Views: 330
Message 1 of 10

What of the Z4 Force?

Original Z Force was an awesome flagship! Then came the Z2 Force, a weak follow up, which received lackluster interest. Since it wasn't really an upgrade, I passed along with most. I presume due to the sad sales, it was decided to make the Z3 "good enough" to be considered a flagship, but still not much upgrade from the OG Force, thus I again passed. Now we have had rumors for a long time of a Z4 Force with 5G capable 855 chipset. Motorola tweeted the phone will not be made. Seems to me Verizon could use more phones that can show off its 5G as it rolls out. Can reps here confirm whether or not it's still in the works? It's really disappointing to have bought into the mod system, only to never get a newer flagship to mate them to.

sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 316
Message 2 of 10

Re: What of the Z4 Force?

I think their Twitter post pretty much confirms no Z4 Force this year.  I have owned the Z Force and Z2 Force and the Z2 is a much nicer phone.  I really enjoyed my Z Force, but the Z2 has been awesome and I like it much better. 

As far as specs and the Z4, that 675 chip seems pretty competent.  As far as "flagships" go (I hate that flagship term) if they can't sell in that area, why even bother? Apple has reported declining sales, Samsung reported less than expected sales last year, Google reported less than expected sales of the Pixel 3, etc. I think consumers have spoken....they don't want phones pushing $1000 and above.  So why even try to sell to that market, people aren't buying.  But $500 and below phones are selling.  I think Moto realizes this and is trying to sell to the current consumer trend.  Smart move if you ask me.

~Scott
ghiottone
Token Ring
Views: 308
Message 3 of 10

There was a Z4 Play with sd675, Z4 with 6gb ram and sd855 and Z4 Force with 8gb ram. In the ebay and amazon there are cases, screen protectors but the last moment Lenovo made a decision and now we have only the play model as the Z4. The Moto focusing only the midrange phone segment. This is the end of the Z series Smiley Sad

sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 297
Message 4 of 10

We don't have a Play model this year, just a Z4.

As far as the cases go, Amazon has become a cesspool of junk.  I could sell a case on there and say it fits a Z4 Force.  That doesn't mean there is such a phone or ever was such a phone.  The case makers have never understood the Z series. 

~Scott
ghiottone
Token Ring
Views: 291
Message 5 of 10

Of course, after they've taken the 'Play' mark and only left the "Z". Unfortunately that was happened. Smiley Sad

Stuart_McCall1
Blue Screen Again
Views: 228
Message 6 of 10

Hanging on to my Z Force and was hoping to see a Z4 Force!!!
brucegatl
Punch Card
Views: 225
Message 7 of 10

Don't hold your breath.....     Smiley Sad

Z4ForceNoMore.jpg

dbadams
Blue Screen Again
Views: 145
Message 8 of 10

With 3 young boys, I've lost every phone to a cracked screen. I LOVE my z2 force. I only have to replace screen protectors and it's still uncracked almost two years later. 

I skipped the z3 because of the specs and no force screen. When I heard the z4 force would have the latest snapdragon chip and 8 gigs of RAM, I checked the web daily for updates.  

The news about no force or more powerful chipset is heartbreaking. I love my mods and Motorola phones but I think it's time to move on. 

Highlighted
joseph_Sullivan
Paper Tape
Views: 100
Message 9 of 10

Very disappointing to not have a Force model with better specs. The biggest selling point to the Force line was the screen. I had no worries when the phone was dropped. Adding an extra battery on the back was icing on the cake. Now back to Gorilla Glass 3? You've made no attempt to improve the screen since the Moto Z Droid which shipped with Gorilla Glass 3.

You've lost me as a Motorola customer since the 90's. You are a company that has found your niche in midrange striving for mediocrity rather than being inovative and providing upscale offerings.

BigBadWulf
SCSI Port
Views: 40
Message 10 of 10

@sajokaz wrote:

I think their Twitter post pretty much confirms no Z4 Force this year.  I have owned the Z Force and Z2 Force and the Z2 is a much nicer phone.  I really enjoyed my Z Force, but the Z2 has been awesome and I like it much better. 

As far as specs and the Z4, that 675 chip seems pretty competent.  As far as "flagships" go (I hate that flagship term) if they can't sell in that area, why even bother? Apple has reported declining sales, Samsung reported less than expected sales last year, Google reported less than expected sales of the Pixel 3, etc. I think consumers have spoken....they don't want phones pushing $1000 and above.  So why even try to sell to that market, people aren't buying.  But $500 and below phones are selling.  I think Moto realizes this and is trying to sell to the current consumer trend.  Smart move if you ask me.

While they've all reported slumping sales, those you mentioned and many others continue to make top tier phones. I'll hang on to my Force for a bit longer, and be switching to another manufacturer most likely on black Friday. By then hopefully 5G will have made the stretch to my area of Chicago.

Top Kudoed Authors