Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto Z Phones - Mod CapableMoto Z4
All Forum Topics
Options

38 Posts

07-12-2017

United States of America

65 Signins

337 Page Views

• Views: 337
  • Message 1 of 5

Why does my home screen move to the last screen on the right or third screen

2020-07-13, 18:33 PM

and how do I get it back to the first or left screen? The last time this happened it took five minutes of moving icons back and forth. 

Options

2999 Posts

04-04-2018

India

404 Signins

27725 Page Views

• Views: 27725
  • Message 2 of 5

Re:Why does my home screen move to the last screen on the right or third screen

2020-07-15, 10:30 AM

@ tomthbomb wrote:

and how do I get it back to the first or left screen? The last time this happened it took five minutes of moving icons back and forth. 

Hi,

Sorry to know about this. Are you using any third party Launcher on your phone? How often does it happen?

Can you share with us a screenshot when that happens?

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

38 Posts

07-12-2017

United States of America

65 Signins

337 Page Views

• Views: 337
  • Message 3 of 5

2020-07-16, 1:18 AM

I don't use anything on my Z4 that did not come standard on it. I am a low tech user. How would I take a screenshot of the home screen with the time widget moving from the first screen to the third screen? Your response reminds me of when there was a cell phone issue the first thing that was suggested was "take the battery out then put it back in".

Options

104 Posts

10-15-2017

United States of America

385 Signins

1663 Page Views

• Views: 1663
  • Message 4 of 5

2020-07-16, 3:01 AM

Ahh, if we only had removable batteries again ;)

The standard Moto Launcher does not allow you to lock the screens so that things cant be accidentally moved.  If support doesn't come up with an answer I'd suggest you download and install Action Launcher.  With Action Launcher you can easily customize your Home screen and Lock the desktop so that icons and widgets don't magically move.  I think that Action Launcher is the best launcher out there.

Options

2999 Posts

04-04-2018

India

404 Signins

27725 Page Views

• Views: 27725
  • Message 5 of 5

2020-07-17, 10:10 AM

@ tomthbomb wrote:

I don't use anything on my Z4 that did not come standard on it. I am a low tech user. How would I take a screenshot of the home screen with the time widget moving from the first screen to the third screen? Your response reminds me of when there was a cell phone issue the first thing that was suggested was "take the battery out then put it back in".

Kindly share screenshots of all the Home screen pages. It should not jump to other pages if the home screen pages are blank. Did you have any apps of a clock on the third screen? 

Kindly confirm and share the screenshots.

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms