Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Bissetler
Paper Tape
Views: 96
Message 1 of 5

Z4 Text tone on handset while ear piece active

Just got my new Z4. When I have my handsfree ear piece on and get a text message I get the notification tone in my ear and the handset vibrates but I want the handset to make the tone as well so if I don't have the ear piece on I know that I have a text message. Anyone know how to set that up? I have spent 4 hours looking but can't find anything. Thanks!

sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 70
Message 2 of 5

Re: Z4 Text tone on handset while ear piece active

When your Bluetooth headset is connected, try this:  Settings > Sound > select Play Media To > select This Device instead of the Bluetooth device name.  Then the Notification sounds will play through the phone's speaker and not the headset.  But if you want the notificatiosn to play through the headset again you will have to manually go back to the same Setting and change it back.

~Scott
Bissetler
Paper Tape
Views: 65
Message 3 of 5

So there is no way to do both?
sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 62
Message 4 of 5

Not that I am aware of.  Media audio either comes through the phone or the Bluetooth headset.

~Scott
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 11
Message 5 of 5

Hi Bissetler,

We have tested this and confirmed, there's no way to have both sounds when you receive a notification if you're using a Bluetooth device. Let me know if you have a question. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Top Kudoed Authors