Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto Z Phones - Mod CapableMoto Z4
All Forum Topics
Options

22 Posts

10-19-2015

United States of America

15 Signins

76 Page Views

• Views: 76
  • Message 101 of 165

Re: Z4 case compatible with Moto Mods?

2019-07-19, 14:38 PM

wrote:

Ok. I can try maybe. I’ve never done a YouTube video before and I don’t have an account for YouTube. Plus I’d need my husband home to hold the phone up or something? (He works different hours)

I did get this nifty phone stand though on Amazon on Prime day so that possibly could work though for taking a video! No promises, but I can try to do my best if you guys are wanting a video of the process!

Thanks Missy, that would be awesome!

Options

3764 Posts

04-04-2013

United States of America

2724 Signins

25645 Page Views

• Views: 25645
  • Message 102 of 165

2019-07-19, 15:33 PM

wrote:

Ok. I can try maybe. I’ve never done a YouTube video before and I don’t have an account for YouTube.......

Just FYI...if you have a G Mail / Google account then you also have a You Tube account; it's all the same since they are all Google products.  I'm pretty sure that you juust open the You Tube app and if you are not already signed in with your exisitng Google account, there is an option to sign in with your Google account.  Then you are all set.

~Scott
Options

54 Posts

06-16-2019

United States of America

67 Signins

572 Page Views

• Views: 572
  • Message 103 of 165

2019-07-20, 13:45 PM

Argh! I’m very frustrated! I couldn’t get the video to work out right! I tried leaning my phone, then I tried my new phone stand, then I tried half holding it but nothing got a good shot of what I was doing! And I was too impatient and didn’t want to stay up so late to wait for my husband to get home from work. Ugh. I’m sorry. 

I took more photos though, so I hope these will be helpful too along with the other original ones I posted of the black speckled modified bumper!

This one went even faster and better! Took maybe 10 minutes tops! I think I’m a pro at doing these now! I made a small incision with a box cutter near the bottom corner near where it is about to start going around the edge of the bumper’s rounded corner on the front of the case where the hard plastic meets the rubber and then on the back or inside where the rubber meets the hard plastic (see picture where my thumb is). 

Then voila! It was extremely easy to peel the rubber part from the bumper away from the back plastic hard piece. It peeled really nicely and easily and no goofs from me this time at all. Perfect results!

Then I simply applied glue and glued the plastic front snap on piece to the rubber cut off grippy piece. Then this time I put a rubber band around it to ensure a tight fit while it dried overnight (see picture). This is what my husband did and it really helped the plastic front piece dry to the rubber piece securely and tightly. 

Now my husband and I have different colored bumpers! Less confusion in this house! Haha!

Options

1 Posts

03-21-2014

United States of America

5 Signins

70 Page Views

• Views: 70
  • Message 104 of 165

2019-07-26, 0:15 AM

Ah this tape is the key. I got as far as cutting the tpu but it wouldn't stay put. 

Options

89 Posts

10-02-2013

United States of America

191 Signins

1564 Page Views

• Views: 1564
  • Message 105 of 165

2019-07-30, 20:22 PM

I received my bumper case last night. I chose the silver because it will hide scuffs... The fit is good and it looks great! I haven't migrated fully with my SIM from my Moto Z3 yet, so I can't test the reception with/without this bumper case. I will say the case takes care of the "lip" between a mod and the bare phone. Also, there is a small cutout on the case to allow you to get your finger under the mod to lift it off the phone back. 

Options

89 Posts

10-02-2013

United States of America

191 Signins

1564 Page Views

• Message 106 of 165

2019-07-31, 0:38 AM

wrote:

I received my bumper case last night. I chose the silver because it will hide scuffs... The fit is good and it looks great! I haven't migrated fully with my SIM from my Moto Z3 yet, so I can't test the reception with/without this bumper case. I will say the case takes care of the "lip" between a mod and the bare phone. Also, there is a small cutout on the case to allow you to get your finger under the mod to lift it off the phone back. 

Options

54 Posts

06-16-2019

United States of America

67 Signins

572 Page Views

• Views: 572
  • Message 107 of 165

2019-07-31, 13:32 PM

Hey that looks really sharp! Is it grippy at all or slippery? I am worried about it sliding out of my hands. Yikes!

And do you know if it interferes with Bluetooth or cell phone signal at all? You’ll have to test it out and let us know!

I’ve heard bad things but I hope they have improved them by now because that looks really sharp! I’m still not switching mine out, I like the pink lol and the grippiness. But yours definitely looks great with the silver color! Nice!

Options

89 Posts

10-02-2013

United States of America

191 Signins

1564 Page Views

• Message 108 of 165

2019-07-31, 14:53 PM

wrote:

Hey that looks really sharp! Is it grippy at all or slippery? I am worried about it sliding out of my hands. Yikes!

And do you know if it interferes with Bluetooth or cell phone signal at all? You’ll have to test it out and let us know!

I’ve heard bad things but I hope they have improved them by now because that looks really sharp! I’m still not switching mine out, I like the pink lol and the grippiness. But yours definitely looks great with the silver color! Nice!

It is slightly textured but I'm used to this design from my Z2... not much grip nor much height over the screen so if you drop the phone pretty much kiss the screen goodbye. 

I haven't migrated my SIM from the Z3 yet... after the photo session applied the screen protector and WiFi seems just fine. The Bluetooth and 4G reception will take me some time to test. Hopefully by next week I'll have some data to compare my Z4 on my daily commute (into several dead zones) to the Z3... more news to follow.

This newest bumper STILL won't accomidate the 360 camera. Now that I have 2 and they're worthless on eBay, I'm gonna try to grind away some of the camera base that interferes with the cases....... 

Options

91 Posts

10-24-2016

United States of America

266 Signins

2792 Page Views

• Views: 2792
  • Message 109 of 165

2019-07-31, 18:49 PM

Don't worry about 360 camera mod. It's quality is really bad especially in low light settings. I found out that I take much better 360 pictures with regular camera in panorama mode. 

Options

92 Posts

06-21-2019

United States of America

203 Signins

1747 Page Views

• Views: 1747
  • Message 110 of 165

2019-07-31, 19:02 PM
I agree. That's the first thing I sold on eBay when my wife and I received the phones. We tried them but didn't like them at all.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)