Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto Z Phones - Mod CapableMoto Z² Force
All Forum Topics
Options

10 Posts

11-29-2017

United States of America

26 Signins

174 Page Views

• Views: 174
  • Message 51 of 54

Re: Android Oreo update Z2 Force is HERE ‼️

2017-12-29, 13:24 PM

I just received a notification that Android 8 is available to install for my T-Mobile Moto Z2 Force.  I'm installing now so we'll see how it goes!

Options

2 Posts

01-12-2018

United States of America

9 Signins

122 Page Views

• Views: 122
  • Message 52 of 54

Re: Android Oreo update coming Z2 Force!

2018-01-12, 19:57 PM

Oreo has been a terrible update. My rear camera is gone. It is physically there on the phone but it only opens in front position and the switch icon is gone. WiFi drops in and out. The slow charge icon won't go away with out restart. The alarm clock isn't accessible when it goes off unless I unlock the phone to shut it off. It used to be right there for snooze or dismiss, now I have to swipe and unlock to shut it off. All in all the phone I purchased has been ruined with this update. Any help out there. This sucks.

Options

23 Posts

11-08-2017

United States of America

50 Signins

364 Page Views

• Views: 364
  • Message 53 of 54

2018-01-12, 20:07 PM
I got the update a while ago. I have experienced none of the problems mentioned so far. WiFi works fine, Bluetooth works fine. I use my alarm and clock everyday and can just swipe without having to unlock, my texts work well even in groups and my camera has been perfect and getting better with all the camera app updates to date. I hope we will see 8.1 and higher updates coming as well as more frequent security updates.
Options

7 Posts

12-02-2017

United States of America

15 Signins

185 Page Views

• Views: 185
  • Message 54 of 54

2018-01-12, 20:18 PM

Which carrier? Build #? ? Only problem I'm having is assigned customized ringtones not working. Everything is whatever I select for customized default. Usually it overriddes it when selecting a separate one for , let's say, SMS or Twitter, but it still plays default. VZW here. Factory reset? Maybe the update itself possibly got corrupted if interrupted. That happened to one of the last updates I received for Turbo 2 (XT1585.) Had to repair using Motorola's software on PC. Worked fine after that. Even battery improved back to normal. I also wiped cache partition but we don't have that option on Z2 FORCE (XT1789.)

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms