Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto Z Phones - Mod CapableMoto Z² Force
All Forum Topics
Options

13219 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

1407 Signins

8945 Page Views

• Views: 8945
  • Message 21 of 62

Re: Apps popping up or opening

2018-06-17, 17:09 PM

wrote:

I'm having random apps starting, pop-ups, and screen lockups and on T-mobile

Have you tried a factory reset without using a backup and let it run without adding any apps? Also, what have you tried so far?

Options

2 Posts

06-19-2018

United States of America

3 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 22 of 62

2018-06-19, 22:05 PM

I've had my z2 play since about Feb.  It has been having this issue the whole time.  I have Verizon as the carrier.

I typically have the JBL moto mod Speaker attached to device. 

I am updated to 7.1.1, device says I am fully updated. 

- randomly apps open when screen is locked (possible security issue).  Apps display on screen even if no one is near it. 

-while running an app (ex. youtube) other apps will become active (even if never used before) forcing running apps into the background.

-This is all random, though  certain apps have a tendency to show up. It may be after a few minutes or an hour or two between opening.  

Examples so far (not exclusive):  Calendar, hulu, facebook, google play, camera, Duo, moto, maps, photos, app flash, calculator, 

Attempts to fix so far:

-Power cycle device

-restart safe

-update device

-re-installing apps

- > Settings > Notifications > turn off notifications (6 apps that seemed to be comonly causing this problem) - no affect.

- > Settings >  Security > (I can't find it now, there was a program that allowed apps to "float" on top of active apps) turned off all except the app 'phone'.

- > Settings >  Security > apps with usage access (turned off verizon) - tried this after reading through this forum.

The last 2 are things I tried recently (today) but haven't had time to check to see if they worked.  But I was checking for answers and came accross this thread. 

Update :  Duo has interupted it again.so it's still doing it. 

Ok found what I did:

>Settings > Apps > Settings > Special Access > Draw over other apps >turn everything but phone off.  

Options

8 Posts

06-16-2018

United States of America

15 Signins

83 Page Views

• Views: 83
  • Message 23 of 62

2018-06-19, 23:55 PM

Good luck. According to Motorola this isn't a problem because only 6 people have it.. Lol. And Verizon has no idea what I'm talking about. You get the common... Factory reset, it has to be something you put on it.. I removed every app that could be removed, it took a day but finally caught the phone doing it again. Lenovo is going to blame the **bleep**ized Verizon programming, Verizon apparently it's going to continue on with the "haven't heard anything about it" solution. 

Options

13219 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

1407 Signins

8945 Page Views

• Views: 8945
  • Message 24 of 62

2018-06-20, 10:17 AM

Has anyone tried a factory rest???? Without using a backup and running the phone without any added apps? If you don't want to try this step you may as well send it in for repair. 

Options

2 Posts

06-19-2018

United States of America

3 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 25 of 62

2018-06-20, 12:12 PM

Has anyone tried a factory rest????  >  yes, but it's something to do with settings I believe.  I've been listening to Youtube all night since  I tried this:

>Settings > Apps > Settings > Special Access > Draw over other apps >turn everything but phone off. 

Except for the one instance with DUO, (which isn't in the list to turn off) right after I adjusted this, I haven't been interupted.  I'll keep checking but I believe the above is the correct resolution as of now.  If something changes, I'll try another reset. or send in for replacement.  If anyone else is still having this issue, try it out, see  how it works for you. 

Options

12 Posts

11-23-2013

United States of America

12 Signins

163 Page Views

• Views: 163
  • Message 26 of 62

2018-06-22, 3:42 AM

Mine has been doing it since January, 2018.  Lots of apps open, as if it is touching its own screen.  It locks up due to so many apps being open.

I must do a hard reboot (press the power button for 10 seconds.)

Options

3949 Posts

12-01-2016

Philippines

1423 Signins

85486 Page Views

• Views: 85486
  • Message 27 of 62

2018-06-22, 20:26 PM

wrote:

Mine has been doing it since January, 2018.  Lots of apps open, as if it is touching its own screen.  It locks up due to so many apps being open.

I must do a hard reboot (press the power button for 10 seconds.)

Have you tried booting it in Safe mode?

Regards,
Daisy
Moto Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums

Options

12 Posts

11-23-2013

United States of America

12 Signins

163 Page Views

• Views: 163
  • Message 28 of 62

2018-07-02, 20:56 PM
No. Safe mode won't fix the problem and let my apps run. There would be no point. My Z3 arrived today, it is a problem of the PAST now!
Options

4 Posts

07-05-2018

United States of America

6 Signins

100 Page Views

• Views: 100
  • Message 29 of 62

2018-07-05, 1:26 AM

Having the same problem. cross posted in the ghost touch thread.

Safemode/removing apps doesnt help. This is the third phone to do this. First phone opened apps and shut down randomly, returned within two days. All was fine for two months then ghost touch started. Can video from a friends phone. Random apps open (and open quickly). Second phone finally stopped displaying anything. Replaced that phone in March via geek squad with no deductible since the screen was totally out. Here we are two months later and new device is starting ghost touch again. Had it in store at best buy with geek squad and verizon when it was doing it. Both say they cant help and either pay the geek squad deductiblevof 150 (since display is working... not really my definition of working if its opening apps randomly and i have to reboot constantly) or try Motorola warranty since its less then 1 year old.

Carrier is Verizon and they say they cant help either.

Will try the settings change noted above.

There is definitely a problem.

Options

14293 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1313 Signins

178190 Page Views

• Views: 178190
  • Message 30 of 62

2018-07-06, 18:45 PM

Hi soccermomof3,

Thanks for posting on this thread. Sorry to know about that. I'd like to verify, did they just replaced the screen of the phone, or did they totally replaced the whole phone? Could you please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Thanks.

Rich

Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms